Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login

Old 06-26-2019, 06:05 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 34J
State: California
THOR #15649
Yosemite and internet

Afternoon road warriors. We are looking to head to Yosemite some time this summer and I wanted to see if anyone can provide feedback on cell reception. I work from home so being connected to my cell hotspot is a requirement. I have cell plans with Verizon and T-Mobile.

Any input or experience is appreciated.

Worst case I will just take time off but preference is to work through the trip.

Old 06-26-2019, 06:20 PM   #2

Model: Four Winds 31E (2019)
THOR #12270
I have Verizon and AT&T hotspots. usually if one doesn't work the other will but I cant speak for Yosemite as ive not been there.

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do working from home? Im looking for a work-at-home job right now.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:25 PM   #3

Model: 34J
THOR #15649
I work in benefits administration for a company based in the Midwest. Essentially we are a middle man for employers and insurance companies.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:53 PM   #4

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemaster View Post
I have Verizon and AT&T hotspots. usually if one doesn't work the other will but I cant speak for Yosemite as ive not been there.

If you dont mind me asking, what do you do working from home? Im looking for a work-at-home job right now.
We had ATT coverage right in the valley, but was mostly a cell desert outside of that area (The last time we were there anyway)
Old 10-12-2019, 04:30 AM   #5

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.2
THOR #14761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnabernal View Post
Afternoon road warriors. We are looking to head to Yosemite some time this summer and I wanted to see if anyone can provide feedback on cell reception. I work from home so being connected to my cell hotspot is a requirement. I have cell plans with Verizon and T-Mobile.

Any input or experience is appreciated.

Worst case I will just take time off but preference is to work through the trip.
Unless you have already gone to Yosemite, just so you know there is zero cell signal anywhere in Yosemite and barely on the other side when you get down to hey 395 towards Nevada assuming you’re going through Tioga pass. I hope that you guys had a great time,it’s the most beautiful place on earth.
Miramar 2017 34.2, roadmaster front & rear sway bars, sumo shock, Roadmaster stabilizer bar, Koni shocks, F150 crewcab coyote motor , 2004 40th #26th edition 911, E350 2 door coupe, Mini Paceman 2013 6 speed manual toad/ RV
SANDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2019, 05:59 PM   #6

Model: Windsport 31S
State: Arizona
THOR #11853
Hello, I just spent 3 months in Yosemite Valley, North Pines Campground and have Verizon and used a We-boost. First, where are you staying in Yosemite? You can get Verizon in the Valley. However with all the visitors using their cells for calls and data, we found regular voice, poor to non existent. Texting works best during the day, voice a litter better at night. We didn't even try our hot spot. There is a public library that has wi-fi. Hope this helps.
Old 10-13-2019, 05:31 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Miramar 34.2
THOR #14761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemo View Post
Hello, I just spent 3 months in Yosemite Valley, North Pines Campground and have Verizon and used a We-boost. First, where are you staying in Yosemite? You can get Verizon in the Valley. However with all the visitors using their cells for calls and data, we found regular voice, poor to non existent. Texting works best during the day, voice a litter better at night. We didn't even try our hot spot. There is a public library that has wi-fi. Hope this helps.
Wow it’s been several years there must be a cell tower in the valley.and
In a way it’s kind of sad there should be no cell signal
Miramar 2017 34.2, roadmaster front & rear sway bars, sumo shock, Roadmaster stabilizer bar, Koni shocks, F150 crewcab coyote motor , 2004 40th #26th edition 911, E350 2 door coupe, Mini Paceman 2013 6 speed manual toad/ RV
SANDDOG is offline   Reply With Quote