Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Community Forums > Travel | Camping Spots | Roads and Routes
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-28-2015, 01:41 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #1249
I have the Garmin 2595LMT mounted on top of the radio bezel with the suction cup mount.
One of the must have features for us is the custom POI files that are free to download here POI Files for United States & Elsewhere | POI Factory
They have a lot of custom files of interest to RV'ers. You will need to get Garmin's free POI Loader to load them.

One custom POI that saves us a few $$ is the Passport America campgrounds that we try to use frequently. Others of interest are "Offbeat Tourist Attractions", national parks, national monuments, state parks, truck stops etc.
If the gps does not have it, my wife pulls out her phone and says, "OK Google".

Old 10-28-2015, 07:55 PM   #22

Model: 2013 Chateau 28Z
State: Arizona
THOR #3071
GPS Survey

I have ordered everything through Amazon...can't wait for the shipments to arrive. Looking forward to routing my road trip to New England!

Thank you for all your help.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:03 PM   #23

Model: 2013 Chateau 28Z
State: Arizona
THOR #3071
Gps

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa9zz View Post
No GPS is 100% accurate. But the map maker reads the Garmin 760LMT discussion group and corrects issues as they are discovered by users. The support group is enough for me to purchase this unit. If you get it, yell and I'll tell you how to subscribe to the group. It is similar to this group; ask a question and others will chime in and help answer or take care of your issues.
I would love to subscribe to this discussion group. If you could let me know where to get link, i would appreciate it.
Old 10-29-2015, 06:50 PM   #24

Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Lovin Life,
Here is a pic of the Backup Camera on the Garmin. It is well worth the extra bucks. It is wireless so no wires to run to the GPS unit. I have it connected to the license plate light so I can use it anytime by turning the lights on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Backup Cam.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	95.6 KB
ID:	995  
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote