Originally Posted by gary d
Was leaving NY for Denver and Zion Arches until I got word on this early weather coming. So instead of taking 80 we went south 81. Now in Penn thinking about rt 40w . Maybe coming north to Zion if storm clears. Any advice from my friends here. Thanks we are in Harrisburg Penn tonight off of 81. Crazy thought we had weeks left.
Storm has passed in Denver but itís headed East. Looks like itís rain now between Dallas and Chicago.
Going to be in the 60ís for the weekend and roads are clear over the 70. The inch or so we got in Denver will melt off today. Nothing on the horizon until a week from Sunday. However you need to keep your eye on the weather as forecasts in Colorado have a 4 hour life. Things can change quickly, but usually major changes are predicable, but maybe not so good on how much.
There will be snow on the ground at elevation, but not a lot. Zion is around 3000ft so I suspect there wonít be any at the valley bottom. You need to check with the rangers. Arches is unlikely to have any snow.
This is the time of year where you need to be flexible and be prepared to hunker down for a day or two if the weather turns on you.