Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-17-2014, 04:13 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds Hurricane 33T
State: Florida
THOR #484
2010 Thor Hurricane Leveling System

I recently had the front brake calipers replaced on my motor home listed in the title above. After getting it back to its' storage home, I attempted to level the unit for storage. I am unable to get anything to happen with the controller. The manual says to leave the ignition off and to set the parking brake, then to turn the unit on. When I do this, nothing happens at all on the control. I tried turning on the ignition switch to the "On" position and then hitting the "On" switch on the leveling controller , and when I do this, I get 5 blinking yellow lights on the left side of the panel. I am new to RVing, having bought the unit this past August. Any one have an idea whether I am doing something wrong, or do I just need to take it back the the dealer? Thanks for any assistance you may be able to provide.

Old 01-17-2014, 01:33 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Brand: Crossroads
State: Wisconsin
THOR #124
I'm not at all familiar with the leveling system, but if it worked before you had the brakes serviced, I would tend to think maybe something happened at the shop.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:08 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds Hurricane 33T
THOR #484
Thanks for your response. The control panel on my unit is the one below. The 5 yellow flashing lights are on the left side of the controller labelled wait, jacks down, low voltage/run engine, engage parking brake, excess angle. All 5 of the light are flashing simultaneously. At least now I know the system is made by Lippert, so I will research their sire and see if I can find some more info there. Was hoping someone had seen this problem before. Thanks again.

Ultra Level Leveling Control Panel W/Jbl Connector – Lippert Components, Inc Online Store
Old 01-21-2014, 03:17 PM   #4

Model: 2012 Daybreak 28PD
State: California
THOR #556
I don't know exactly what kind of leveling system you have, but mine is hydraulic and it's required to have the engine running while leveling to ensure enough electrical power to the hydraulic pump.
Old 04-22-2014, 01:20 AM   #5

THOR #782
Jack problem

I recently had the same problem with my 2013 Thor Hunter 33. I found the following manual to be very helpful. Basically if all the lights on the left are blinking, it's what they call "latched error" meaning not all the jacks fully retracted within 90 seconds. You can reset it by pressing all 4 of the diamond buttons.

http://www.hill-family.us/serrano/Ma...c_Leveling.pdf
Old 07-08-2017, 05:04 PM   #6

State: Oregon
THOR #8222
Thumbs down Jacks down light will not go off when jacks retracted

Where is the psi switch located? is there one for each of 4 jacks?