Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-17-2022, 03:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany M-4051
State: California
THOR #27641
2011 Thor Tuscany M-4051 Undercabinet light and screen door slider

Hey Guys
I have another question.

I need new under cabinet lights for the sink area. This is the general info 16 watt is 16 7/8” L x 4 3/8” W; 1 3/8” H, uses two 8-Watt, 12” F8T5/CW fluorescent tubes. Draws only 1.8 total amps....I cant find one anywhere.
I called Thor and they discontinued.

I also need a new screen door slider...Cant find one anywhere including Thor.
Thor says discontinued. Its roughly 11" long by 9.5 tall.

Any help on where to locate would be awesome. Thanks

Old 08-17-2022, 03:29 PM   #2
MLP

THOR #17478
Fluorescent tubes are now being removed form the market place do to mercury. You can replace them with LED replacements.

I could not fine one for my Palazzo as as well. The answer was discontinued. I had to go in for oil and filter etc.. My independent RV service facility was able to fined it. There is a manufacture that still produces them, but only sells to businesses. Yes paid a price, but was happy to get it replaced.
Old 08-17-2022, 03:40 PM   #3

THOR #27641
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
Fluorescent tubes are now being removed form the market place do to mercury. You can replace them with LED replacements.

I could not fine one for my Palazzo as as well. The answer was discontinued. I had to go in for oil and filter etc.. My independent RV service facility was able to fined it. There is a manufacture that still produces them, but only sells to businesses. Yes paid a price, but was happy to get it replaced.
What I need is a new light housing. Something has burned out on the original.
Old 08-17-2022, 09:45 PM   #4
MLP

THOR #17478
If you cannot get the bulbs, then you will not find the housing. You can replace with an LED 12". Do a search on Amazon under "12" LED UNDER CABINET LIGHTS". You will have to cut the cord from the 110VAC power source that provides 12VDC and wire it direct. Some will have 5VDC so make sure the output is 12VDC. Check this one out. There are many more.
Old 08-17-2022, 10:31 PM   #5

THOR #27641
Quote:
If you cannot get the bulbs, then you will not find the housing. You can replace with an LED 12". Do a search on Amazon under "12" LED UNDER CABINET LIGHTS". You will have to cut the cord from the 110VAC power source that provides 12VDC and wire it direct. Some will have 5VDC so make sure the output is 12VDC. Check this one out. There are many more.
Hmmm I like them....So if find 12vdc lights I can cut that plug off and wire in directly into the wiring correct?
Old 08-17-2022, 11:29 PM   #6

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
It's far easier, generally cheaper and way more customizable now (IMO) to use 12v LED strips. You can put them just about anywhere... inside cabinets, behind trim for indirect lighting. And no screws needed... just use 3M VHB two sided tape.
Old 08-17-2022, 11:43 PM   #7
MLP

THOR #17478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabzbad View Post
Hmmm I like them....So if find 12vdc lights I can cut that plug off and wire in directly into the wiring correct?
That is correct. The one that I attached the link to, according to the first questions asked about them, is that they are 12V. The 110V power source output is 12V @ 2A.
Old 08-18-2022, 04:28 PM   #8

THOR #27641
Quote:
That is correct. The one that I attached the link to, according to the first questions asked about them, is that they are 12V. The 110V power source output is 12V @ 2A.
Thanks I think I will order a couple of them and try them out...I will relay back how the work.