Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-01-2017, 04:09 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34E
State: New York
THOR #5840
Cool 2014 Hurricane fold out desk 12V aux power

Hi to all,

I have a non-working 12V auxiliary power supply in the fold-out dash desk on the co-pilot's side that is not working. I can't locate the fuse for this item, but I have checked all fuses that I can access with no luck. Its impossible to access it from under the dash. I assume the whole desk unit can be removed to check the wiring. Has anyone worked through this issue?

Thanks

Vince

Old 04-03-2017, 12:35 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Haven't had to get behind it - but did determine it is powered by the chassis battery on my 2014 Hurricane...
The fuse won't be in the back - but likely the fuse box under the dash on drivers side. You need to be a contortionist to access this one with the drivers seat in place.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2017, 10:53 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
State: Ohio
THOR #6277
I just had to replace the fuse for the main cigarette lighter/12v outlets. It was a 20A Maxi fuse, and it was fuse #22 in the Power Distribution Box under the hood (towards the top of the engine). I don't know whether Thor wired the outlet in the front passenger desk into this same circuit.

I found this fuse after needlessly contorting my body into some unnatural positions under the driver's side dashboard and not finding it. I finally located the information in the Ford manual.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:54 PM   #4

THOR #5840
Thanks, will check.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:56 PM   #5

THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post
I just had to replace the fuse for the main cigarette lighter/12v outlets. It was a 20A Maxi fuse, and it was fuse #22 in the Power Distribution Box under the hood (towards the top of the engine). I don't know whether Thor wired the outlet in the front passenger desk into this same circuit.

I found this fuse after needlessly contorting my body into some unnatural positions under the driver's side dashboard and not finding it. I finally located the information in the Ford manual.
So, fuse #22 controls the 12V aux. outlet in the desk? If so, that's a big help.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:58 PM   #6

THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocP View Post

Thanks for the help. Will check that one too.
Old 04-04-2017, 03:59 PM   #7

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Georgetown 31L5
THOR #6277
I don't know - I was wondering whether Thor wired all of the 12v outlets up front into the same circuit. I only know that fuse #22 control the 2 dashboard 12v outlets on my F53 chassis.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:04 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
For the Windsport and Hurricane, basically everything in the front cap that Thor installed is routed through the 100 amp circuit breaker next to the chassis battery. This lead goes to the Thor fuse and relay panel down by the drivers left foot (fans, map lights, bunk, power seat, jacks, mirrors, etc). The rest of the things in the cap are powered from the Ford power distribution box (headlights, turn signals, starter solenoid, ignition, horn, etc). The 12 volt receptacles are a major exception as the fuse in in the Ford box. Very few tech are aware of this system and no one at Thor customer service seems to understand the wiring.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2017, 10:49 PM   #9

THOR #5840
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beau388 View Post
For the Windsport and Hurricane, basically everything in the front cap that Thor installed is routed through the 100 amp circuit breaker next to the chassis battery. This lead goes to the Thor fuse and relay panel down by the drivers left foot (fans, map lights, bunk, power seat, jacks, mirrors, etc). The rest of the things in the cap are powered from the Ford power distribution box (headlights, turn signals, starter solenoid, ignition, horn, etc). The 12 volt receptacles are a major exception as the fuse in in the Ford box. Very few tech are aware of this system and no one at Thor customer service seems to understand the wiring.

Thank for the info. So for the fuse to the 12V aux. power in the desk console I should be looking in the power distribution box? Does it matter that the dash 12v outlets are working? I would think that their all on the same circuit but maybe not.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:10 AM   #10

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #989
I recently had to remove the desk in our 2015 Windsport 27K to replace the blower motor.To remove the desk take out all the screws from the hinges and inside the tray. Next, pop off the trim cover from the 110v outlet, then loosen the two screws that work the wing/clips that hold the outlet in the hole. Once the outlet is free pull it into the tray, turn it 90 degrees, and push it back thru the hole it came out of. Now you can lift out the tray starting on the right side. Once the tray is moved a few inches you can unplug the wires from the 12v outlet.

When I removed our desk I found the ground wire was not attached. We don't use that outlet so we did not know it was not working.
Old 04-08-2017, 01:47 AM   #11

THOR #6509
Quote:
Originally Posted by John & Diane View Post
I recently had to remove the desk in our 2015 Windsport 27K to replace the blower motor.To remove the desk take out all the screws from the hinges and inside the tray. Next, pop off the trim cover from the 110v outlet, then loosen the two screws that work the wing/clips that hold the outlet in the hole. Once the outlet is free pull it into the tray, turn it 90 degrees, and push it back thru the hole it came out of. Now you can lift out the tray starting on the right side. Once the tray is moved a few inches you can unplug the wires from the 12v outlet.

When I removed our desk I found the ground wire was not attached. We don't use that outlet so we did not know it was not working.
Thanks much. That's very helpfull. Hopefully mine is a similar easy fix.
Old 07-15-2017, 03:02 AM   #12

Model: Hurricane
State: California
THOR #8189
Quote:
Originally Posted by VJRocky View Post
Hi to all,

I have a non-working 12V auxiliary power supply in the fold-out dash desk on the co-pilot's side that is not working. I can't locate the fuse for this item, but I have checked all fuses that I can access with no luck. Its impossible to access it from under the dash. I assume the whole desk unit can be removed to check the wiring. Has anyone worked through this issue?

Thanks

Vince

I have the same issue, but with all of my 2V auxiliary power supply plugs.
Did you ever find where the fuse was?
Old 07-15-2017, 04:48 AM   #13

THOR #8189
Never mind......I found it. Too late to pull fuses, checking it out tomorrow.

Here's a link of the Ford F-53 F53 Motorhome Chassis (2015) – fuse box diagram.....

Ford F-53 F53 Motorhome Chassis (2015) – fuse box diagram | Auto Genius
Old 07-15-2017, 11:32 PM   #14

THOR #8189
Here's the fuse that controls the 12v power points.
On my 2011 Thor Hurricane 32A it controls all 3. 2 on the dash and one on the desk.
Old 07-16-2017, 07:16 PM   #15

THOR #5840
Thanks for the fuse info, however both of the other dash 12V power receptacles are working, so I believe the issue may be in the desk wiring. I have not had the time to investigate further