Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-22-2015, 12:26 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
2015 Hurricane Microwave - No Power

Okay, 1st off I want to warn everyone about Mike Thompson RV in Fountain Valley. I took my RV in for repairs of things that never should have left the factory. One of them was the microwave symphony while traveling. The squeaks appear to be gone but now there is no power. Breaker is fine. Does anyone know how to get the plastic cover off the top where I think the mounting bolts are located? It is the black plastic panel where it says Hurricane. I hope that the idiot just forgot to plug it in. I am leaving Wednesday and no time to take it back.
Thank you BruceV

brucev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 12:43 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 27K
State: California
THOR #2544
Found it! In the cabinet next door. Anyway, comment about dealer stands. I have taken it in two times to get the same items fixed and it keeps coming back with nothing done or new problems. The HDMI to the main TV had a bad cable so in place of a new cable they installed a Wireless HDMI. Fine and good I guess, problem is now there is video but no audio. I also had Roadmaster sway bars installed front and rear. The mechanic couldn't get the u-bolts off so I had to pay for overnight freight from Roadmaster, okay but when I get the bill, they charged me $340 for a part with a list price of $156. They charged $190 for the $156 (Roadmaster list) part an $150 for freight. I think in the future I will try the Santa Fe Springs store and if that doesn't work, on to Camping World.
Thank you for letting me rant.
brucev is offline   Reply With Quote