Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-27-2018, 08:38 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #13255
Dead Gemini

My 2018 Gemini pulled up lame on me during a trip to Idaho. It lurched for a while like it wasn't getting gas. After 40 miles it went into low power mode and then wouldn't crank at all. I had a mechanic check the gas and some wiring, but he didn't find anything wrong. Therefore, I had it towed 100 miles to Boise which was covered by Ford roadside assistance.The original concern at the Ford dealer was a cam sensor which was on back order for a week. That showed and wasn't the problem. Now they are putting in a new fuel system. I'm leaving it in the hands of the Ford dealer. However, it's now been 2.5 weeks. A little trying as i live 300 miles away. Has anyone had a similar problem. I don't know enough about engines to troubleshoot, but has anyone experienced anything similar?

Old 10-27-2018, 09:31 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #2121
Isn’t your Gemini a diesel instead of “gas” engine?

Unfortunately, Diesel reliability hasn’t been what it was years ago. I’d do a Google search and look for objective data from unbiased sources.
Old 10-27-2018, 10:07 PM   #3

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oregon
THOR #13255
Dead Gemini

Yeah it's the 3500 hd diesel. i haven't seen any common problems on line, but thought maybe someone on the forum may have had something similar. thanks

Tags
gemini