Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-24-2018, 11:27 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis
State: Colorado
THOR #1871
2015 Thor Axis 24.1 Monitor Panel

Just got back from a weekend camping. Ran out of water. Water pump will not come on, but the Surflo pump is supposed to be able to run dry without damage. Fuse is good. When the water pump switch is turned on at the monitor panel, red indicator light does not come on. Also, the red LED indicator lights for the LPG, battery, & holding tank levels just blink on, then off, and will not come back on. Wait several minutes, push any of the buttons, the lights blink and go off again.
Generator start switch works, slide extend switch works, overhead bunk switch works, tank heater switches work. In addition, the light and fan on the stove hood will not work now. Checked all fuses, all good. Use/store switch works. This is driving me crazy. Any ideas out there?

Old 10-25-2018, 02:34 AM   #2

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
You have a loose wire connection on your circuit breaker box that is located underneath the refrigerator. I had the same exact issue with my RV. If you want you can take the cover off the circuit breaker box and tighten all the binding posts and that should fix it
Old 10-25-2018, 01:42 PM   #3

THOR #1871
gte534j: Thanks! I'll see what I can do and let you know.
Old 10-26-2018, 08:45 PM   #4

THOR #1871
Finskidog's monito panel problem

gte534j: I took the cover off the breaker panel and checked all the wires. They were all good. Because the little red indicator light was not on at the water pump fuse, I assumed the fuse was good and did not look close at it. I took it out and looked at it again, was really hard to see that it was burned out, but it was. The red indicator light at this fuse does not work. I replaced the fuse and now everything works. So that was the problem. But, the frustrating part is that the fuse is labeled just "water pump" but it also protects the stove hood fan and light, and the red indicator lights on the monitor panel. These are the irritating things that get to you. Why doesn't Thor label the fuses correctly? Who knows! Anyway your tip led me to the solution. Thanks again.
Old 10-28-2018, 04:49 AM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #10717
Great glad you got it figured out. If the fuse blows again you might have a loose wire. The problem i had was intermittent because the wire in the fuse box was not right enough. Glad you got it fixed.