Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-18-2017, 04:20 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
2016 Thor Axis oil change reset

Does anyone know how to reset the oil life indicator on a 2016 Thor Axis?

I just got the first oil change done and all of the instructions I've found don't work. The procedure in the manual is to turn the key to on and press both the accelerator and the brake for 3 seconds--nothing. Everything I've found on line says to use the select/reset button to get to a menu that I don't have.

My Scan Gauge is still giving me a oil life warning.

Old 07-18-2017, 06:01 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.1
State: Arkansas
THOR #6634
I have the same problem with my 2017 ACE. Have yet to find an answer. I'm using the old school approach of putting the date of next change in the windshield. I'll be watching to see if any one else knows.
Old 07-18-2017, 06:46 PM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Here is a procedure I've seen somewhere for the E350

Turn the key ON

Look at the odometer, and verify that it displays "ODO" and the total mileage traveled. If it is on "Trip A" or "Trip B", press the black stick next to the odometer to read "ODO", and the total miles traveled.

Turn the key OFF.

Press in, and HOLD the black trip meter reset button, hold it in.
DO not release it.

Turn the key ON; do NOT start the engine

Observe the Odometer display. The total mileage traveled will disappear, and you will see 5 dashes, then 4, then 3, then 2, then 1 dash, and finally, 5 zeros. Then, the total mileage traveled will redisplay.

Release the black trip meter reset stick.

This completes the reset procedure, and the light will be back on in 5,000 miles, to remind you of you next oil change.

Not sure if it will work.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2017, 10:19 PM   #4

Model: Axis 25.2
State: Georgia
THOR #5927
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstankov View Post
Here is a procedure I've seen somewhere for the E350

Turn the key ON

Look at the odometer, and verify that it displays "ODO" and the total mileage traveled. If it is on "Trip A" or "Trip B", press the black stick next to the odometer to read "ODO", and the total miles traveled.
Thanks for that option, Dave. But, no, that didn't work! My total miles traveled and either trip A or B is always displayed. So, I didn't get anything when I turned it off or back on.

I'm beginning to think that the computer in the E450 doesn't have a oil change indicator. The message I got was on my Ultra Gauge (not a scan gauge as I had originally stated). It said I was over my 3000 miles for the oil change.

That got me thinking--that 3000 miles didn't correspond to any Ford recommended oil change period. It did, however, match up with the amount of miles I've driven the Axis with the Ultra Gauge. Sure enough, there is a setting in the Ultra Gauge for zeroing out the oil miles and what number it should alert you at (3000 was the default).

I thought the message was coming from the computer in the engine, but it looks like now it was coming from the Ultra Gauge. I've zeroed out the oil miles and have set the alert for 7000 miles (giving me a 500 mile buffer before I really have to change it).

I guess I'll find out soon enough if there is an oil change indicator in the computer soon enough. I'll go over the 7500 mile mark on the next trip to Utah.