Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-15-2019, 01:30 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
2016 Thor Vegas Cabin light on dash

Hello everyone, I have been trying to get the light on the dash in the cabin area to come on. After looking behind the dash I can see that the red and black wires are not hoked up to anything. There is not a switch on the light housing. Does anyone know what the manufacture meant to wire the light to. Thank you

Old 01-15-2019, 02:08 AM   #2

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Assuming you bought your Vegas used, the previous owner probably disconnected it, and if you fix it you probably will too! Mine comes on at random times, tends to blink and isn't very useful when it is on. I have threatened to disconnect it many times, but don't have time or tools in hand when I have those thoughts.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:24 AM   #3

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: North Carolina
THOR #5494
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Assuming you bought your Vegas used, the previous owner probably disconnected it, and if you fix it you probably will too! Mine comes on at random times, tends to blink and isn't very useful when it is on. I have threatened to disconnect it many times, but don't have time or tools in hand when I have those thoughts.
Thank you Mr Sunshine, We purchased it with 2600 miles on it. We are the second owners. Too easy, I will leave well enough alone.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:39 AM   #4
cbd

State: Alaska
THOR #6907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Thank you Mr Sunshine, We purchased it with 2600 miles on it. We are the second owners. Too easy, I will leave well enough alone.
There is a nob that turns. On dash to the left of the driver. Turn left to turn on the light.
Old 01-15-2019, 02:41 AM   #5

State: California
THOR #10354
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucke View Post
Hello everyone, I have been trying to get the light on the dash in the cabin area to come on. After looking behind the dash I can see that the red and black wires are not hoked up to anything. There is not a switch on the light housing. Does anyone know what the manufacture meant to wire the light to. Thank you
My 2017 Vegas 25.2 has the same light and I do not really know what it's function is. I thought it was to come on after turning the engine off and then turning off after a timed delay...but it seems to stay on a longer time than I am prepared to leave it on???? I should just disconnect it as well.