Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 10:30 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2017 Miramar 34.2
State: California
THOR #14761
2017 34.2 Miramar Large single slide opinion or issues

Hi All - New to this Forum looks like lots of great answers, what a group. So .... I think I posted the following to the wrong review area. ( Thor 2017 34.2 Miramar ) 10K miles. My question is concerning the single large slide and stackable washer and dryer that sit on the slide. It seems this could be a problem down the road. There are definitely some interesting comments, but wanted to ask the pro's who have been around in these rigs. This W/D is a must have for us. We have look at many RV's mostly A and Super C , all used.

Old 03-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #2

Model: Miramar 34.4
State: Iowa
THOR #4488
I own a 2016 Miramar 34.4 and love it. I have to say after seeing soooooo many horror stories, two major factors in my RV hunt were:

1. No plumbing in the slides.
2. No full body slide.

I found a plethora of options available that fit my needs and allowed me to hold to my two rules.

With all that said, I'm sure you will find many that have gone against my "rules" and have had great luck. But I'll never regret my decision.

Good luck on whatever you decide.
Old 03-21-2019, 09:47 AM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Missouri
THOR #5437
My 2017 29.3 ACE has the full body slide, knock on wood I have had no problems. My slide has all the kitchen, sofa, bedroom closet. To me that's a lot of weight but as I said no problems. The main thing is you have to let the slide run its coarse plus 5 seconds. You can not stop the slide anywhere other than fully open or closed. It has to do with the syncing other slide motors.

As for the W/D can not help.
Old 03-21-2019, 11:07 AM   #4

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
Duplicate Thread....
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 10:43 AM   #5

State: Florida
THOR #14380
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDDOG View Post
Hi All - New to this Forum looks like lots of great answers, what a group. So .... I think I posted the following to the wrong review area. ( Thor 2017 34.2 Miramar ) 10K miles. My question is concerning the single large slide and stackable washer and dryer that sit on the slide. It seems this could be a problem down the road. There are definitely some interesting comments, but wanted to ask the pro's who have been around in these rigs. This W/D is a must have for us. We have look at many RV's mostly A and Super C , all used.
Sandog, I have a 34.2 Miramar 2017 also. 20,000 miles. I chose the single maxi slide on purpose: I had heard that slides were repair and service problems, so I thought the single slide would give me less headaches than a 3 slide unit. So far that is correct for me. The large single slide has been reliable for me. Two user comments: Be sure you are fairly level when you use it. You don't have to be totally or perfectly level, just no crazy angles. Generally have the generator on, unless your batteries are fully charged. And always hold the button down until all noises stop and hold a few seconds after that. Keep the tracks lubricated.

Took mine to Alaska and back . No problems with the slide.

Jim
Old 03-22-2019, 07:19 PM   #6

THOR #14761
[QUOTE=analoguy;173778]Sandog, I have a 34.2 Miramar 2017 also. 20,000 miles. I chose the single maxi slide on purpose: I had heard that slides were repair and service problems, so I thought the single slide would give me less headaches than a 3 slide unit. So far that is correct for me. The large single slide has been reliable for me. Two user comments: Be sure you are fairly level when you use it. You don't have to be totally or perfectly level, just no crazy angles. Generally have the generator on, unless your batteries are fully charged. And always hold the button down until all noises stop and hold a few seconds after that. Keep the tracks lubricated.

Took mine to Alaska and back . No problems with the slide.

Jim[/QUOTE

Thanks Jim - Wow thanks a million makes complete sense regarding the slid. I was thinking of use Teflon Tri-flow lubricant for the side rails and metal plates under.
Old 03-22-2019, 07:21 PM   #7

THOR #14761
Thanks Jim - Wow thanks a million makes complete sense regarding the slid. I was thinking of use Teflon Tri-flow lubricant for the side rails and metal plates under.