Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 07-20-2016, 05:53 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1
State: Illinois
THOR #3027
2017 Axis 24.1 Fuse

Anyone know where the Fuse and what size for the dash cigarette lighter outlet on an Axis 24.1, 2017? Thanks

Old 07-20-2016, 06:27 PM   #2

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Travato
State: Florida
THOR #1765
Supposedly, this is it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	3325
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	2534  
Old 07-20-2016, 06:37 PM   #3

THOR #1765
Ford E-Series E-450 E450 (from 2015) – fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

This is a web site for the 2015/16 Ford E-450 fuse box, actually the two of them. Fuse 70 is in the engine compartment box, near the battery. The second box is under the drivers knee.
Old 07-20-2016, 06:41 PM   #4

THOR #1765
Reading the Power Distribution Box graphic, it looks like 72 might also be a possibility. I would look at both.
Old 07-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Vegas 24.1
State: Wisconsin
THOR #3973
12v Fuse

Our 2017 12 volt outlet was not working when we got home from the dealer. I looked up underneath the dash and saw that one of the wires from the outlet had worked loose. I reconnected it and fixed the issue. Just an FYI.
Old 07-21-2016, 11:20 PM   #6

State: Illinois
THOR #3027
Thanks. It was #70 under the hood in the Fuse box on the drivers side near the front
Old 07-21-2016, 11:34 PM   #7

State: Texas
THOR #4397
So my wife and I rented a 2016 Vegas for two weeks this summer. All the outlets were working when we picked it up from the rental company. My wife used to 110 AC outlet on the passenger side for her laptop, and we did not use the cigarette lighter oulet. A few days in the trip the 110 AC outlet stopped working ... rather than fiddle with the fuse box I just simply got out an inverter and plugged into the cigarette lighter adapter so she could power her laptop. This worked fine until we got home.

My question is why can't Thor build a more robust electrical system in the dashboard? We never used anything bigger than a laptop up front.
Old 07-22-2016, 12:12 AM   #8

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
Erato -- are you talking about when plugged in the front and the vehicle is going down the road or when in the park on shore power.

On my 2015 Vegas that AC plug down near the passengers foot only work when the engine is operating. When I am on shore power there is no current on that plug.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2016, 12:56 AM   #9

THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
Erato -- are you talking about when plugged in the front and the vehicle is going down the road or when in the park on shore power.

On my 2015 Vegas that AC plug down near the passengers foot only work when the engine is operating. When I am on shore power there is no current on that plug.
Ed,

When the engine is running, while driving down the road. After reading your manual (very useful BTW) I know what outlets are connected to the chassis electrical system and which outlets are connected to the coach electrical system.

My wife was only trying to power her laptop while we were driving down the road ... the front 110 AC outlet worked this way only for 3 to 4 days. I can only assume that it blew a fuse but I'm not sure.
Old 07-23-2016, 02:25 AM   #10

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
110v in the VEGAS

Were you using the generator to power the 110v while driving? My impression was that the VEGAS doesn't have an inverter (unless it was aftermarket)so to have 110v while driving would take the generator running.

If I am wrong, someone correct me.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:25 AM   #11

THOR #4397
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Were you using the generator to power the 110v while driving? My impression was that the VEGAS doesn't have an inverter (unless it was aftermarket)so to have 110v while driving would take the generator running and the Ford engine off.

No generator running. I was talking about the 110 AC outlets that are on the lower right hand side of the dashboard next to the foldout map table. They and the cigarette lighter and USB port run off of the chassis electrical system. They will not work at all when the generator is running.

I'm just trying to figure out why Thor built such a low powered circuit which easily blows the fuse with only a laptop plugged in.
Old 07-23-2016, 04:47 AM   #12
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratosthenes View Post
I was talking about the 110 AC outlets that are on the lower right hand side of the dashboard next to the foldout map table.
Are you talking about the cigarette lighter outlet in the lower right hand corner of the radio framework? If you are talking about regular outlets, our Axis has none.
IN ADDITION...remember, when on shore power, if you overload the system, in the bathroom outlet, above the toilet, if the GFI reset button.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2017, 07:18 PM   #13

State: Tennessee
THOR #4234
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
Were you using the generator to power the 110v while driving? My impression was that the VEGAS doesn't have an inverter (unless it was aftermarket)so to have 110v while driving would take the generator running.

I'm only 8 months later in chiming in....Our 110 electrical outlet, down by the passenger's knees upfront in our 2017 Axis, only works when plugged into the shoreline or the generator is running. It does not work when only running the ford engine. Of course the 12 volt plug on dash works all ways. I agree with you, Mo_Mike. ~debbie
Old 05-21-2017, 10:38 PM   #14

State: Maryland
THOR #1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneilkeys View Post
Ford E-Series E-450 E450 (from 2015) – fuse box diagram | Auto Genius

This is a web site for the 2015/16 Ford E-450 fuse box, actually the two of them. Fuse 70 is in the engine compartment box, near the battery. The second box is under the drivers knee.
Does the 2015 E-350 have the same configuration as the E-450? Thanks