Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2017, 03:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Oklahoma
THOR #9276
2017 Freedom Elite 29fe house battery keeps dying

I'm going crazy with this. When hooked up to shore power, are you supposed to still keep your on/store switch to store or are you supposed to keep it on on to keep the battery charged? Also, is it the inverter that charges the battery or is there something else on the freedom elite that charges the house battery? I'm confused as I seem to get different answers from various sites. Now someone told me that we have a converter and not an inverter but the console says it's a xantrax pro xm 1000 which from what i've looked up is an inverter and according to the user manual it doesn't charge the battery.. I'm so confused. Thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Old 09-23-2017, 03:36 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 29 Fe
State: North Carolina
THOR #7532
converter

I have the same unit, same inverter ,but you also have a converter locate behind the fuse box locate on the front of your bed , you have to remove the cover to get to the converter,
Old 09-23-2017, 03:48 AM   #3

State: Oklahoma
THOR #9276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danford50 View Post
I have the same unit, same inverter ,but you also have a converter locate behind the fuse box locate on the front of your bed , you have to remove the cover to get to the converter,
So, I'm supposed to keep the on/store switch on ON even when connected to shore power to keep the house battery charged right?? But I don't have to keep the inverter on correct except when not on shore power or using the generator? And thank you for answering the question about the converter.. I'm glad to know that!!
Old 09-23-2017, 03:53 AM   #4

Model: SOB 2014 Meridian 36M
State: Washington
THOR #7205
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurafhl View Post
So, I'm supposed to keep the on/store switch on ON even when connected to shore power to keep the house battery charged right?? And thank you for answering the question about the converter.. I'm glad to know that!!
Yes, switch stays on when plugged in to keep batteries charged.
Old 09-23-2017, 11:20 AM   #5

Model: 37LS outlaw
State: New Jersey
THOR #5248
Inverter on only when NO shore power or NO generator. (On when boondock or traveling)
Old 09-23-2017, 03:31 PM   #6

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
State: California
THOR #3156
Quote:
Originally Posted by laurafhl View Post
So, I'm supposed to keep the on/store switch on ON even when connected to shore power to keep the house battery charged right?? But I don't have to keep the inverter on correct except when not on shore power or using the generator? And thank you for answering the question about the converter.. I'm glad to know that!!
Correct.

Also check the water in the batteries. Mine were very low when I picked it up from the dealer. And check them regularly

Jerry
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote