Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 07-31-2020, 04:28 PM   #1
Member
 
joethor17's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 34
THOR #8135
2017 freedom elite single AC unit

Got AC questions to make the AC run more efficiently. Here in El Paso and the heat is killing the AC and working hard. Thanks.

1. Are there any filters or anything on top of the RV where the AC is located that need to changed?

2. Are the two little plastic filters in the RV the only thing that need to be cleaned?Click image for larger version

Name:	Adjustments.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	145.5 KB
ID:	25330

__________________
joethor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 05:27 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
Posts: 700
THOR #4656
One a/c is not going to cut it. You could go up on the roof and remove the shroud from the a/c and wash out any debris that might be there like leaves, wasp nests etc. Other than that, get a second a/c and a 20 amp circuit to run it.
__________________
Making a smooth transition to senility for over 70 years

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:01 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Citation
State: Texas
Posts: 905
THOR #8139
Which Elite do you have?

Have you seen this thread? It's a must read AND must do.
Most are easy DIY's.
It's very long but well worth the time, enjoy

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ice-12980.html

Here's a YouTube with a possible fix and a cheep easy DIY
__________________
abjbrtd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 11:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Freedom Elite 29fe
State: Florida
Posts: 700
THOR #4656
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Which Elite do you have?

Have you seen this thread? It's a must read AND must do.
Most are easy DIY's.
It's very long but well worth the time, enjoy

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ice-12980.html
Did all that. Helped very little. Then went to second a/c on it's own 20amp circuit. 97 degrees at the beach last week, in the sun no shade. 65 degrees inside. Ran it down that far to see how it would perform. You can nuts around all you want but in the end when you are dealing with 100 temps, second a/c is the only solution.
__________________
Making a smooth transition to senility for over 70 years

2017 Freedom Elite 29fe
2015 Jeep Wrangler Toad
nosticks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:04 AM   #5
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 9,721
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by joethor17 View Post
Got AC questions to make the AC run more efficiently. Here in El Paso and the heat is killing the AC and working hard. Thanks.

1. Are there any filters or anything on top of the RV where the AC is located that need to changed?

2. Are the two little plastic filters in the RV the only thing that need to be cleaned?Attachment 25330
No filters on the roof, the small filters on the cover is all you got.
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:21 AM   #6
Member
 
joethor17's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 34
THOR #8135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
Did all that. Helped very little. Then went to second a/c on it's own 20amp circuit. 97 degrees at the beach last week, in the sun no shade. 65 degrees inside. Ran it down that far to see how it would perform. You can nuts around all you want but in the end when you are dealing with 100 temps, second a/c is the only solution.


Yea thanks! Itís 102 here in El Paso, 113 yesterday. Iíll just look for a another AC but still gonna tru the above Vid.
__________________
joethor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:23 AM   #7
Member
 
joethor17's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 34
THOR #8135
Quote:
Originally Posted by abjbrtd View Post
Which Elite do you have?

Have you seen this thread? It's a must read AND must do.
Most are easy DIY's.
It's very long but well worth the time, enjoy

https://www.thorforums.com/forums/f2...ice-12980.html

Here's a YouTube with a possible fix and a cheep easy DIY


Have the 2017 freedom elite, Same AC as in the Vid.
__________________
joethor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:39 AM   #8
Member
 
joethor17's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 34
THOR #8135
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
No filters on the roof, the small filters on the cover is all you got.


Thanks, I thought so, just want to be sure
__________________
joethor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2020, 12:40 AM   #9
Member
 
joethor17's Avatar
 
State: Arkansas
Posts: 34
THOR #8135
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosticks View Post
One a/c is not going to cut it. You could go up on the roof and remove the shroud from the a/c and wash out any debris that might be there like leaves, wasp nests etc. Other than that, get a second a/c and a 20 amp circuit to run it.


Thanks, Iíll most likely go that route
__________________
joethor17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 01:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2