Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-04-2017, 02:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Alabama
THOR #6674
2017 Outlaw 37BG rear ramp door will not open

2017 Outlaw 37BG rear ramp door will not open, it is the new design ramp door, it is opened with a key and it unlocks a mechanical mechanism at the top to release pins on the top of the ramp. Fuses and breakers are all good.

Old 04-10-2017, 12:52 AM   #2

Model: Outlaw 38RE
State: Ohio
THOR #7022
same thing happened to me. My dealer had to use the manual access panel(see pic with arrow) to manually release the lock. Had to replace one of the solenoids. Make sure all the locks are greased well.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf access panel.pdf (2.21 MB, 206 views)
Old 09-09-2017, 02:52 AM   #3

Model: Outlaw
State: Idaho
THOR #8541
In case you don't know it you do not have to use the key. In the very back outside compartment on the passenger side (same side as the key) there is a switch that activates the lock mechanism. It is hard to see but it is on the tailgate side of the compartment. Easier to feel than see. I find using this much easier than using the key.
Anyway when you toggle this rocker switch you should hear the solenoids activate depending of course that the coach is not in the battery store mode. (That is activated by the rocker switch on left when you enter the coach).
You should be able to pull on one of the handles and lower the tailgate. I have also found that when closing the gate I make very sure that the support cables will not get caught and I put one hand on the handle and one out in the middle of the door and give it a firm push to close it. I very it is latched on both sides by pulling on both handles.
We haul either a Can Am Defender Max UTV or a Chevy Spark car in ours so we use the garage quite a bit.