Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-11-2018, 02:44 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Arkansas
THOR #12300
Thumbs down 2017 Palazzo 36.1 PROBLEMS

List of issues on brand new coach

1. Biggest so far - the generator will not stay on (yes, full tank of gas). So no AC while driving thru the heat. By the time it gets plugged up each evening, the coach is so hot, it takes hours to cool down. It was working and out of the blue stopped.

2. The loft bed decided to stop working and no longer descends . Completely silent and without warning. At this point, scared to try anything because what if it doesn't go back up and unable to drive?
(Added bonus - the sofa looks like it would convert to a sofa Ed, but when opened, just plywood?? No mattress?).

3. Water Pump does not work. Filling up multiple gallon jugs whenever we stop.

4. Hot water - not sure if related to the pump, but even when plugged up, it doesn't work.

Just bonus issues - driver control panel lights blink on and off so impossible to read while driving at night; one of the couch seat belts is stuck in the wall so unable to use; table shade fell the first time it was closed (tried to get fixed before trip, but repair place took 5 weeks and still couldn't get replacement - nice to drive with makeshift pillow and cushion to block sun); and pesky - how do you turn off speakers to the bedroom - 2 overhead speakers at the head of the bed - impossible to rest with radio on; cannot fully full gas tank because it was missing one seal cap (just bothersome, fill to 85%); the release pull to open front panel for generator is jammed.

Any insight on any issue would be a day brightener.

Old 07-11-2018, 03:01 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
1. Is the LED indicator for the generator blinking when it stops? (the blinks indicate a fault code)
2. Looking at pictures the loft bed (on top of the front two seats right?) looks a lot like the one on our Axis. If so there should be a controller for it hidden behind a false wall in a cabinet somewhere. Once you find it you can reset it.
3. Does not work how? Does it try or does it not run at all? Do you have a voltmeter handy (check the power leads to it)
4. Do you have the tankless heater? If so you need somewhere north of 50 PSI before it will work.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #3
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
I'm sorry to see that you're having so many problems with what should be an excellent rig...

...And I'm even sorrier that I've got no answers for you.

But since Jamie is on the case: I'll just say "Welcome to our Forum!"

and the best of luck with getting things sorted out!
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 04:45 PM   #4

Model: ACE 29.3 (2016)
State: Montana
THOR #4032
I have a 2016 Ace 29.3 in perfect condition. Want to trade?
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #5

State: Arkansas
THOR #12300
Thanks for the help -
The generator will turn on, but nothing powers up. I do not see any blinks.

I will call Thor and find out about false walls for the loft.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:42 PM   #6

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
generators can seem finicky at times... mine will periodically just decide to quit after it's initial easy startup... I find that if I just wait a minute, then use the AUX battery tie-in switch while I use the GEN start switch, it will fire up, as I CONTINUE holding these two switches for a few seconds afterwards....then no issue with the Gen staying cranked.

for the overhead electric bunk, I just 'found' my controller the other day, more than 3 1/2 years after ownership, and LIVING in the coach for much of that time!
My controller is in the 'secret' false rear wall of the far left cabinet closest to the bunk, above my sofa. Removing the four screws(a hint!) reveals the controller.
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2018, 09:31 PM   #7

State: Arizona
THOR #10797
In my 2016 the loft bed controller is in the cabinet above the drivers seat. Reset directions are on the controller. (It is mounted upside down so I took a picture and rotated it to read them. Once I reset it works fine.

My panel lights did the same thing. I used the brightness switch and made it brighter and that fixed them.

There is an stock air mattress that comes with the coach for the sofa bed. If you need to purchase one Wal-Mart Intellex(?) Queen size works well.
Old 07-15-2018, 09:32 PM   #8

State: Arizona
THOR #10797
Go to the equalizer setting on the radio and you can turn off the rear speakers in the bedroom.
Old 07-15-2018, 10:02 PM   #9

Model: compass 23tw
State: California
THOR #7466
You Guys Are Great

I read how the forum helps on so many levels,We all give you a big THANK YOU.
2020 29J Outlaw- sold
2021 23tw compass
safari is offline   Reply With Quote