Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-31-2020, 05:57 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Florida
THOR #19030
2017 Thor 30.1 Issues

My dash is a mess! AC controls fell out and the Axxera Radio has no power; therefore no cameras!. Also, the dc plugs on dash don’t have power and in my computer section there is also no power. The USB plugs do work but that’s it.. Can’t get to fuses on driver’s side because the speaker prevents the box from opening...and under he hood, I have no idea how to open what I think is a fuse distribution box. Please help with any knowledge you can provide. I’ve googled everything related to this problem but still can’t figure it out. Hoping it’s a fuse but how to get to them is another question. Definitely not knowledgeable and of course my extended warranty doesn’t cover this problem and I don’t want my motor home at the service department for months!

Old 05-31-2020, 06:23 PM   #2

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
All those issues you listed sound like one fuse has blown. It is defiantly a chassis fuse. Most likely a coach manufacturer box and not an OEM chassis box.
Old 05-31-2020, 07:11 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, one hurdle at a time wins the race (or finishes it, at least). I am not familiar with a 2017 ACE but if it is similar to a 2013 the cigar lighter dash outlets are powered by fuse 22 (20 amp) in the Ford Power Dist Box just above the air filter housing in the engine bay. The PDB can be a bear to open.....if you don’t know where the latch is....and I am attaching a picture to show you the secret handshake with the PDB......if yours is like mine.

Do you mean the A/C (air conditioning) and heating control panel is hanging out of the dash? There should be some kind of retaining screws or clips on the side of the panel that will allow it to snap back in place. Look inside the dash space where this panel belongs and see if there is some threaded standoffs that would mount the A/|C control panel normally.

Regarding the Axxera radio....lots of info on that if you search the forum. I don’t have that unit, but check for a fuse in behind the radio itself and there is a small reset hole in the face plate that sometimes gets that radio back on track. Use a small solid toothpick to press the reset button.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Only One Clip Releases the Lid.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	123.8 KB
ID:	24022  
Old 06-01-2020, 03:51 AM   #4

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
All those issues you listed sound like one fuse has blown. It is defiantly a chassis fuse. Most likely a coach manufacturer box and not an OEM chassis box.
Patience because I don’t understand the difference between OEM or coach fuses. Would it be by driver’s side fuse box or under hood? Can you tell me how to access where I would find the fuse? Driver’s fuse box not accessible because speaker over it won’t let us open door. Don’t know how to open fuse box under hood.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:04 AM   #5

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Hi, one hurdle at a time wins the race (or finishes it, at least). I am not familiar with a 2017 ACE but if it is similar to a 2013 the cigar lighter dash outlets are powered by fuse 22 (20 amp) in the Ford Power Dist Box just above the air filter housing in the engine bay. The PDB can be a bear to open.....if you don’t know where the latch is....and I am attaching a picture to show you the secret handshake with the PDB......if yours is like mine.

Do you mean the A/C (air conditioning) and heating control panel is hanging out of the dash? There should be some kind of retaining screws or clips on the side of the panel that will allow it to snap back in place. Look inside the dash space where this panel belongs and see if there is some threaded standoffs that would mount the A/|C control panel normally.

Regarding the Axxera radio....lots of info on that if you search the forum. I don’t have that unit, but check for a fuse in behind the radio itself and there is a small reset hole in the face plate that sometimes gets that radio back on track. Use a small solid toothpick to press the reset button.
Thank you very much! We will try one at a time . I thought the problems were related...shows you my knowledge.
The AC panel hanging off had clips that were apparently glued on and broke. Don’t know how to fix this. My brother-law tried to epoxy them back but that didn’t work.
I tried all the suggestions I read in the Forum pertaining to the Axxera radio and nothing has worked. I thought maybe it was a fuse common to all the issues because all these electrical things happened at the same time. I will check the box under the hood for the 20 amp fuse. Thank you!!
Old 06-01-2020, 04:05 AM   #6

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
THOR #15553
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. The company the built the chassis. Ford, Chevy etc. There would be a fuse box that came with the bare chassis. that fuse box wold have the normal fuses for lights, Dash A/C, wipers stc.

Coach fuses would be a fuse box installed by the coach builder. That's where anything installed by the coach builder would be in that fuse box. Awning, steps, leveling jacks etc. There may be 2 pr 3 of these.

Can't help you with the speaker problem but I'm sure there is a way to access those fuses.
Old 06-01-2020, 04:12 AM   #7

THOR #19030
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
OEM is Original Equipment Manufacturer. The company the built the chassis. Ford, Chevy etc. There would be a fuse box that came with the bare chassis. that fuse box wold have the normal fuses for lights, Dash A/C, wipers stc.

Coach fuses would be a fuse box installed by the coach builder. That's where anything installed by the coach builder would be in that fuse box. Awning, steps, leveling jacks etc. There may be 2 pr 3 of these.

Can't help you with the speaker problem but I'm sure there is a way to access those fuses.
Thank you