Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-02-2021, 09:29 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Flow-Rite Battery Fill

Installed the Flow Rite Battery fill kit on the ACE. What a great product no more yanking the batts for water service! Man o man I wish I would have installed this system on our last two rigs. If you don't have good access to your batteries and actually even if you do no more pulling caps and screwing with getting the proper amount of water in each cell! Priced around $50-55 for the two 12 volt battery kit, where they get you is you need to purchase the filler bulb kit as well another $22. A $75 mod all told but now there will be zero excuses for not properly maintaining the batts!

Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2021, 10:15 PM   #2

Brand: DRV
Model: 38 RSB3
State: South Dakota
THOR #1658
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJC62 View Post
Installed the Flow Rite Battery fill kit on the ACE. What a great product no more yanking the batts for water service! Man o man I wish I would have installed this system on our last two rigs. If you don't have good access to your batteries and actually even if you do no more pulling caps and screwing with getting the proper amount of water in each cell! Priced around $50-55 for the two 12 volt battery kit, where they get you is you need to purchase the filler bulb kit as well another $22. A $75 mod all told but now there will be zero excuses for not properly maintaining the batts!
Did it when we bought our rig 6 years ago. Anything that makes things easier and faster is a good thing.
Old 08-03-2021, 12:47 AM   #3

Model: Chateau 26B
State: California
THOR #24288
Could not agree with you more regarding Flow-Rite!!
Old 08-03-2021, 01:59 AM   #4

State: North Carolina
THOR #19102
Quote:
X4 on the flow rite.
Old 08-03-2021, 02:47 AM   #5

Model: Miramar 37.1
State: California
THOR #12698
I installed it on my two house batteries last year when I changed out the two batteries. Much easier to keep them topped off now.

Paul
Old 08-03-2021, 02:24 PM   #6

Model: Freedom Traveler 30 A
State: Texas
THOR #21497
Quote:
When it's time, move forward to sealed batteries.
Old 08-03-2021, 03:03 PM   #7

Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
THOR #14698
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbreeder View Post
When it's time, move forward to sealed batteries.
Nope don't dry camp enough to warrant the expense for AGM. I can purchase 2 wet cell batteries for less than the price of 1 and get 3 years of service out of them with proper maintenance
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:25 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
From the Crown battery website:
Pros and cons of Flooded batteries

Pros

Wet Cell batteries are typically the best choice for backup power applications, utility, and grid energy storage. Additionally, they are more cost effective when compared to AGM batteries.
Cons

Most of the cons of the flooded battery stem from the fact that they contain free liquid that requires periodic inspection and maintenance. Flooded batteries can also be inadvertently damaged in forceful movement. Extreme climates can have a greater effect on the battery life due to the electrolyte solution inside the battery having the ability to evaporate or freeze.
While flooded batteries do require maintenance, if taken care of properly this battery type will last longer than many of their counterparts.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote