Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2017, 08:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.3
State: Texas
THOR #1291
2018 THOR A.C.E 30.3 electrical diagram

In case someone needs it

Copyrighted image removed by Moderator

Old 06-21-2017, 08:43 PM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Shouldn't post the Thor diagrams as it says copyright Thor right at the bottom right. In addition, as we all know, each coach is different and thus the diagram may not apply to everyone's coach.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 08:47 PM   #3

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieGeek View Post
Shouldn't post the Thor diagrams as it says copyright Thor right at the bottom right. In addition, as we all know, each coach is different and thus the diagram may not apply to everyone's coach.

good maybe now they get back to me and my warranty cases get handled in a speedy fashion..

also the title says the year / model are you saying that if every 2018 A.C.E 30.3 comes with its own diagram based on the VIN ?
Old 06-21-2017, 08:50 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle
also the title says the year / model are you saying that if every 2018 A.C.E 30.3 comes with its own diagram based on the VIN ?
Not each one, but the drawing does have a version on it and they do ask for your VIN before they send it to you.
Old 06-21-2017, 08:57 PM   #5

THOR #1291
Quote:
Not each one, but the drawing does have a version on it and they do ask for your VIN before they send it to you.
Ok I am still missing your point.. it says THOR A.C.E 30.3 in the subject and again on the THOR diagram. so again you are saying that you think that THOR actually compares VIN so they give you a diagram based on the VIN and not just ask for the VIN so they can verify that you actually have a THOR ?
Old 06-21-2017, 11:41 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
Ok I am still missing your point.. it says THOR A.C.E 30.3 in the subject and again on the THOR diagram. so again you are saying that you think that THOR actually compares VIN so they give you a diagram based on the VIN and not just ask for the VIN so they can verify that you actually have a THOR ?
Yes I think they have different sets of drawings based on VIN--I don't think they are unique to each VIN. It is more likely they are unique to runs of coaches (e.g. build a couple of dozen, make a change, build another dozen, etc.).

The drawings I have for my coach have a "revision" box at the bottom right (since ours is a 2014--a very early Axis--they are only at revision B).
Old 06-21-2017, 11:54 PM   #7

THOR #1291
Quote:
Yes I think they have different sets of drawings based on VIN--I don't think they are unique to each VIN. It is more likely they are unique to runs of coaches (e.g. build a couple of dozen, make a change, build another dozen, etc.).

The drawings I have for my coach have a "revision" box at the bottom right (since ours is a 2014--a very early Axis--they are only at revision B).
Personally I think differently ( I don't believe that every dozen RVs they say " Hey Joey, grab me the plans for Rev 1 and lets build some that way ) but would it make you feel any better if I take the post down since this seems to cause you ethical & emotional distress ? It was meant to help people and maybe give them an idea of what they are dealing with BEFORE they call THOR for support.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:12 AM   #8
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by RipVanWinkle View Post
Personally I think differently ( I don't believe that every dozen RVs they say " Hey Joey, grab me the plans for Rev 1 and lets build some that way ) but would it make you feel any better if I take the post down since this seems to cause you ethical & emotional distress ? It was meant to help people and maybe give them an idea of what they are dealing with BEFORE they call THOR for support.
LOL! Not causing me ethical nor emotional distress was just pointing out that it is Thor's copyright information and they really didn't give you permission to post it. If you want to leave it up its your choice..won't give me any heartbreak.

People have posted these diagrams on here before and I'm not the only one who has, trying to politely, remind people that these are Thor's IP and they didn't necessarily give permission to post them. In addition: Thor has been quite generous at handing these out to the owners who ask--wouldn't want to get on their bad side and have them stop handing them out because they started seeing them posted.
Old 06-22-2017, 12:14 AM   #9

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
They make revisions on the fly. Some of those revisions require them to change the drawing. So in reality there are different drawings for different groups of VINs within a specific model and year.
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 12:17 AM   #10

THOR #1291
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
They make revisions on the fly. Some of those revisions require them to change the drawing. So in reality there are different drawings for different groups of VINs within a specific model and year.

So my 2018 was built with Rev3 plans from the year 2016 ? And there (might) are 2017 out there with Rev4 plans?
Old 06-22-2017, 01:42 AM   #11

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:

That would be too hard making wiring harness for each different coach I think they have a standard harness
Old 06-22-2017, 01:49 AM   #12
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by churd9
That would be too hard making wiring harness for each different coach I think they have a standard harness
Sure they do, but that doesn't mean its always hooked up the same. I think you guys are missing my point: It isn't about design, its about quality.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:50 AM   #13

Model: '17 Hurricane 34F
State: Missouri
THOR #6040
The drawing posted has already been revised 3 times in 2016.
Old 06-22-2017, 01:10 PM   #14

Brand: DRV
State: Florida
THOR #5314
Quote:
I believe they make up wire harnesses on a loom, so most everything will be the same between coaches, it's a time saver and it's cheaper in the long run
Old 06-22-2017, 02:40 PM   #15

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
I have a 2016 Hurricane with the identical floor plan except for the front TV location. I also have the wiring diagrams for my coach. They are similar but there is enough difference to cause a problem if you were chasing a wiring fault. All Aces, Hurricane and Windsports come down the same production line in Plant 750. The rate is 8 to 10 per day. It is definitely worth the trip to tour the plants. Plant 650, 750 and 850 are all with in 30 miles of Elkhart.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 05:48 PM   #16

Model: Ace 29.2
State: Georgia
THOR #6481
Quote:
Sure they do, but that doesn't mean its always hooked up the same. I think you guys are missing my point: It isn't about design, its about quality.

Quality...lol your in the wrong forum we're discussing rv' there's no hint of quality
Old 06-22-2017, 06:32 PM   #17
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Churd9
Quality...lol your in the wrong forum we're discussing rv' there's no hint of quality
Exactly: Sure all the harnesses are (more or less) exactly the same but there is no guarantee that they are connected up properly...quality (or lack thereof).
Old 10-22-2021, 07:50 PM   #18

State: California
THOR #24924
Hi is there one similar to 2014 23U Thor Four Winds?
Thanks
Old 10-22-2021, 07:53 PM   #19

Model: Miramar 37.1
THOR #12698
Hi unsobill

You can get all of the diagrams from Thor on your coach. You just have to register on the Thor owners website with your vehicle's VIN to get them.

Paul
Old 10-25-2021, 12:25 AM   #20

THOR #24924
Thanks, I emailed support hopefully will get something soon