Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-27-2020, 06:26 PM   #1

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #18207
Angry 2018 Windsport 34R Dash Radio and backup camara's not working

Hello All
We purchased a New 2018 Thor Windsport 34R In May of 2018 for around $100+K . We took a long trip of about 3500 miles and found that we had many many problems. It was taken to the Dealer and they kept it for 3 months and told me all the repairs were made, and that everything was working fine. Well once we got it home 300 miles from our dealer in Alverado. We discovered that only 3 of 34 items were repaired. We had already commited to another trip. So, we could not return it for several months. The winter caught us and health problems.
I would not take it to that dealer again, because they are just a bunch of hooey!!!!!!!!!!
The Dash radio and back up and side camara's worked some of the time and some of the time they didn't.. Now they will not work at all and neither does the radio. I have about 6000 miles on it. Tired to trade it in, but they told me I was buried in it and that it would take 35K to trade.
I would just like to know if a tech and tell me what is wrong with my dash radio and camara's?

Old 02-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
You didn't tell us the brand or model of the radio.

If it isn't the reset button explained in the radio owners manual, take it to any stereo installation place and get it fixed for as low as 20 bucks and entirely replaced with an android 10 inch screen for $150 to $1,500.

Make sure you've read your manuals and make sure your use/store switch is turned on. It controls the radio and cameras. No 12v in the coach, no radio.

34 things wrong?
When you ran through your checklist before picking it up from the dealer, were the wrong 31 things working/repaired?

We can likely help you with many of them since you're out of warranty now or soon will be, you just have to tell us how and what.

What would you have bought after trade in?

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 07:50 PM   #3

Brand: Still Looking
State: Texas
THOR #18207
Angry

Hey Thanks, This has the Axxera Radio and info system.
Yes, I understand that the use/store switch's operation.
in reff to your question about did i check everything.. No, how to you check the santi-flush system or if the house batterys run down after couple weeks?

Well, once they told us everything was repaired we had to rush there (300 Miles) to pick up the rv. They told me once we got there that everything was repaired. Went through the repair list and based on what they "told" me everything was repaired. I did a walk around myself and found wires hanging down under rear wheels, things hanging down from over dash storage area, FYI they had to completely reseal the front windshield. They had some young lady with a portable drill run out and she went to fixing the wires hanging down. The only things that I discovered later that were repaired was the Body work that had come un-glued and the windshield seal. None of the other things were repaired. Santi flush, still does not work. Dash radio still does not work at all now, before it was off and on. House batterys will run down after 2/3 weeks of storage plus plus plus...