Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-08-2020, 09:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
2019 ARIA Inverter/Charger issue

Picked up the Aria 3601 from dealer this morning after replacement of a cracked windshield.
Both the coach and the chassis batteries showed low voltage and I was unable to start the engine nor the generator.
Dealer had a jump box and was able to jump chassis batteries and start the engine as well as generator.
Traveled 20 miles to storage lot and as I reviewed the coach operation I noticed on the Firefly panel that both when the generator was running as well as when connected to 30 amp shore power, the inverter/charger status screen on the panel did not show any status for the inverter/charger or the batteries.
Usually the inverter status would show “pass thru” etc.and the battery type would show as flooded.
Now there is no information for either the inverter/charger status nor the batteries.
I cycled circuit breaker for the inverter/charger as well as the 50 amp house breaker and nothing changed.
The Magnum inverter is mounted on its right side in the exterior right rear bay and there is not enough clearance to see if there is a reset button on the unit itself.
I have left the coach for the day still connected to the 30 amp.
I plan to revisit tomorrow and see if perhaps the Firefly resets itself (wishful thinking).
Any suggestions from any of you folks out there as to what I need to check or do to remedy this issue?
And I suppose it is possible that the inverter/charger might have gone south.
Thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Old 12-09-2020, 12:03 AM   #2

Model: Palazzo 33.2
State: Arizona
THOR #20607
Check with Inverter Service Center 615-285-0611, they have helped me, they have several you tube videos also
Old 12-09-2020, 03:37 AM   #3

Model: Aria 3901
State: Idaho
THOR #9660
I don't know if Firefly is your problem, but I have been able to reset it by just turning off the use/store switch for 60 seconds.
Mike
Old 12-09-2020, 03:53 AM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: South Dakota
THOR #3916
The Magnum inverter /charger does indeed have a reset button.
It is very small [and damn hard to spot] and you have to press and hold in until the tiny light starts blinking, Then You may have to reset the settings in your main control/Firefly panel..
Thor Infinity
saddlesore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 10:56 AM   #5

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
reset on the inverter AND battery disconnect must be ON.
Old 12-10-2020, 04:39 PM   #6

Model: Thor Aria 3601
State: Georgia
THOR #11333
2019 ARIA Inverter/Charger issue

Thanks to all of you that replied to my post regarding what I thought was an Inverter/Charger issue as the information for that device was not being displayed on my Firefly panel.
It was suggested by several folks as well as Thor Customer Support to reset the Firefly Power Management Module (PMM).
The procedure as outlined in the Firefly manual for my coach on line (page 27) was to power cycle the PMM by turning off the House battery disconnect switch and then removing the +12 volt power lug from the PMM.
Wait ten seconds, reconnect the power lug and turn on the disconnect switch.
This indeed reset the Firefly system and I can now see all the relevant/pertinent information as before the low voltage battery issue that required a jump start earlier this week.
In addition, after reviewing the Magnum inverter docs on line at Thor for my coach I was able to easily locate the power switch and status LED indicator for my future reference.
Again, thanks to all of you for your suggestions!