Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-01-2021, 11:22 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
No AC power to the TV.

I think we had a spike in the AC power and now the only thing/s not working are the TV's. There are 3 AC outlets affected. One each for the TV (2 TV's total in different locations) and one above the dinning table that controls the Bluray.
All the fuses are good, converter seems to be working and no tripped relays. All other outlets are working.
I'm thinking there is a relay or fuse somewhere else than the main relay/fuse area under the bed (29.3 ACE).
Give me a idea where to look.

Old 01-01-2021, 11:31 PM   #2
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Could you have had a GFCI outlet trip?
Old 01-02-2021, 12:12 AM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor29.3inAZ View Post
I think we had a spike in the AC power and now the only thing/s not working are the TV's. There are 3 AC outlets affected. One each for the TV (2 TV's total in different locations) and one above the dinning table that controls the Bluray.
All the fuses are good, converter seems to be working and no tripped relays. All other outlets are working.
I'm thinking there is a relay or fuse somewhere else than the main relay/fuse area under the bed (29.3 ACE).
Give me a idea where to look.
You have an outside kitchen; thus, an inverter. All TVs are powered through the inverter. Turn the inverter on and check to see if it powers the TVs. If the inverter powers the TVs, recycle the 15 amp circuit breaker that powers the pass through relay in the inverter If the inverter does not power the TVs you may have fried the pass through relay in the inverter or the inverter itself. The last possibility is you could have a hard inverter shutdown usually caused by a current overload. Sometimes (but seldom) the inverter can be reset by removing all power from the inverter. Do this by tripping the 100 amp circuit breaker in the house battery compartment and removing 120 volt power from shore power and generator power for 24 hours.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2021, 12:29 AM   #4

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
reset on the inverter.
Old 01-02-2021, 12:31 AM   #5

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Excellent diagnosis by Beau388

My system is wired this same way
Non-GFI outlets (including the TVs) run thru the inverter
The inverter has a built-in “auto transfer switch”

If the ATS is bad or the fuse with-in the inverter is tripped or blown, the outlets are no longer able to receive inverter power or pass-thru power, even if plugged-into 30 amp shore power or running genny.

So your issue is likely to be inverter related.
Old 01-02-2021, 02:00 AM   #6

Model: 29.3
State: Washington
THOR #6025
Can you all direct me to where the inverter is? GFI is good.
Old 01-02-2021, 09:50 AM   #7

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
follow the large wires from the batteries to the interior of the RV. It will be hiding behind a wood panel. Probably under a bed. On the ceiling of a storage compartment. It will look similar to this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	inverter with gfi.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	27892
Old 01-02-2021, 03:40 PM   #8

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Your inverter is under the bed. You will have to remove the mattress and plywood cover to access it. Same for all plant 750 coaches.

The automatic transfer switch (ATF) is there also. The power center where the 120 volt circuit breakers and 12 volt fuses for the coach is there also. There are two 100 amp and one 50 amp 12 volt circuit breakers in the circuit house battery compartment. The front 100 amp CB is for the jacks and generator start the rear one is for the inverter. The 50 amp is supplies battery power to the power center through the latching relay.
Under the hood is another 100 amp 12 volt circuit breaker next to the chassis battery. That circuit breaker supplies power to the Thor fuse and relay panel down by the drivers left foot. This panel supplies power for all the 12 volt things in the front cap of the RV except the radio and power ports.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020_0614_094541AA.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	153.8 KB
ID:	27895  
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote