Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-09-2021, 06:46 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 33.1
State: Nevada
THOR #21278
THOR sent wrong parts to my repair facility.

I have been going back and forth between the local dealership and THOR warranty support department regarding some issues with the slide out of my 2021 THOR ACE 33.1.

Brief history of the problem. The slide out started making some rubbing/popping noise when extending and retracting. The front/lower rail developed some visible gouges, as well as a slight gap on the lower part of the slide out and body frame.

Upon inspection, my local dealer found out that the floor developed and "upward bulge". The bottom slide out makes contact and rubs on the floor. They took pictures and sent a request to THOR to fix the floor, adjust the rollers and replace the damaged bottom slide track. THOR denied the claim to fix the floor and approved the "slide roller adjustment" and "replace the Schwintek Slide rails". They also recommended to place the "slide rail replacement a bit higher" from the original place where it was installed (I guess to raise the slide).

I dropped off my RV at the dealership on a Monday (before Thanksgiving), where it sat for several days. They finally took my RV to the bay to start the repair last week. That was when they found out that THOR sent the wrong parts.

I was a bit upset with the dealership as they should have checked the parts when it arrived. I was told they ordered the CORRECT parts. But THOR sent them something else.

I sent THOR an email and they confirmed they sent the WRONG part and promised to send the replacement as soon as possible.

I am trying very hard to understand the situation. But I have been waiting for this repair since July.

ador is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2021, 09:59 PM   #2

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
At least you got something. I have been working with Thor technical support for more than 6 months and three months ago they agreed to ship me the missing part. After two months I contacted them and they apologized and said they would ship it right out.

I am still waiting.

David
Old 12-09-2021, 10:05 PM   #3

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
At least you got something. I have been working with Thor technical support for more than 6 months and three months ago they agreed to ship me the missing part. After two months I contacted them and they apologized and said they would ship it right out.

I am still waiting.

David
What's the part?
One of us might have a spare.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2021, 12:25 AM   #4

Model: Axis 24.1
State: Connecticut
THOR #20289
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
What's the part?
One of us might have a spare.
I doubt it. It is a plastic bracket that holds the Axxera radio in place on my 2021 Axis. All I found was a small tab left of the bracket. It obviously broke during assemby and no one bothered to replace it. I finally convinced my Thor rep to look for a bracket that matched and she finally said they would ship the part.

No big deal as I have temporarily fixed it with wires wrapped around the radio to keep it from bouncing. See the attached pic.

David
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Axxera Pic.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	89.9 KB
ID:	35159  
Old 12-10-2021, 12:32 AM   #5

Model: Axis 25.2
State: New Jersey
THOR #24794
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidEM View Post
I doubt it. It is a plastic bracket that holds the Axxera radio in place on my 2021 Axis. All I found was a small tab left of the bracket. It obviously broke during assemby and no one bothered to replace it. I finally convinced my Thor rep to look for a bracket that matched and she finally said they would ship the part.

No big deal as I have temporarily fixed it with wires wrapped around the radio to keep it from bouncing. See the attached pic.

David
I've seen that piece behind my radio but it isn't connected to the radio. I figured that's what it was for. Next time I'm in there, I'll attach it somehow. I'm positive it wasn't connected from the factory.