Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-29-2020, 09:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: California
THOR #17923
2020 Chateau 22B location of fresh water and low point drains

I’m not sure where the fresh water drain and the low point drains are located. Are they outside under the RV or are they located inside if the unit?

Old 01-29-2020, 10:08 PM   #2

Model: Freedom Elite 22FE
State: Oklahoma
THOR #15560
Hi I have Freedom Elite 22FE, same floorplan. Next time you are in the coach. Below the pantry is a panel with 4 or 6 screws. Remove that panel and you should find the water tank, pump, tank drain, and low point drains. The low point drains might be covered by foam that is oversprayed from Thor trying to make the water pump quieter. I found this by looking under the coach on the right side and finding the large white pipe that drains the water tank.
My water fill is located to the right of the dinette window if yours is there also then this should help. They do change these coaches all the time, but I am betting it is there.
My coach does not have the outside spigot near the wheel well. If you have that you can drain that way, but behind the panel will be the water pump and low point drains.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:27 AM   #3

THOR #17923
Quote:
Originally Posted by blj1961 View Post
Hi I have Freedom Elite 22FE, same floorplan. Next time you are in the coach. Below the pantry is a panel with 4 or 6 screws. Remove that panel and you should find the water tank, pump, tank drain, and low point drains. The low point drains might be covered by foam that is oversprayed from Thor trying to make the water pump quieter. I found this by looking under the coach on the right side and finding the large white pipe that drains the water tank.
My water fill is located to the right of the dinette window if yours is there also then this should help. They do change these coaches all the time, but I am betting it is there.
My coach does not have the outside spigot near the wheel well. If you have that you can drain that way, but behind the panel will be the water pump and low point drains.
Thank you!
I will go look in the morning. I appreciate that you answered to help me out. We have had our unit just short of 2 weeks. I don’t want to leave the water which was put in the tank, for our walk through, for too long a time. I was used to a small tt which was easy to drain.
Mary
Old 01-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #4

THOR #15560
I also moved from a TT and with the help of this forum it has taken almost a year for me to learn where all the important things are.
I would register the vehicle with Thor and have them send you the plumbing and wiring schematics.
Additionally since you have a passenger side bathroom there is most likely an additional holding tank drain valve on the passenger side under the bathroom. Some dealers like to deliver with them open, but it is best to close it. Closing helps improve dumping and relieves stress on that black pipe that runs under the coach. At the dump station I connect the hose, open the driver side valve, then the passenger side, and then the grey water. If your slide out controller is the same as mine it is located in that large luggage compartment on the driver side behind a panel with 4 screws. I have never had to use it but it is a good to know. Knowing how to manually close the awning is also a good to know. I got that from the Thor documents on my coach.
If it were not for this forum and Thor I would never know.
Oh and the hot water heater bypass valves can be found under the right side of the dinette behind the drawer that is there.
I have found a good RV dealer that is Thor approved in my area and a place to change the oil that is not a truck stop.....that depends on Ford Dealers that can service the E350 in your area. I am hoping that you have a good dealer. I did not know any better than Camping World, but I worked with Thor to find someone better and they were very helpful.
Aftermarket wise I purchased 4 of the Max Air roof vent covers and a surge protector and water pressure regulator to use at the campgrounds. The MaxAirs are nice, they make a little noise as they lift when driving, but they do not drill holes in the roof for them or at least the models that I purchased.
Oh and bought some good caulk and check the tire pressure regularly had to hand tighten some of the plumbing connections inside the coach.
Otherwise it has been a good coach. I thought I was getting something simple buying smaller, I have learned a lot. I cannot imagine having a 40 foot motorhome with that learning curve for my first.
Old 02-20-2020, 01:47 AM   #5

THOR #17923
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maryd View Post
Thank you!
I will go look in the morning. I appreciate that you answered to help me out. We have had our unit just short of 2 weeks. I don’t want to leave the water which was put in the tank, for our walk through, for too long a time. I was used to a small tt which was easy to drain.
Mary
Hi blj1961,
I found all that you pointed out. I started removing the excess spray foam and discovered that the low pt drains both turn a corner and continue onward. I dropped by my dealer that sold us the Chateau. He said they can configure drain valves for the low points so I won’t need to remove and replace the spray foam. Underneath the coach there is a mass of extra foam attached to the side and part of the end of the fresh water drain pipe. Now it makes sense that when I drained the fresh water it it sort of sprayed haphazardly. There is also extra foam along one of the low point drains. I can’t tell if it is blocking a portion of the bottom of the pipe. There is a largeish rectangle cut out of the floor for all these drains. Going to need to fill it in somehow.
Your answer to me was definitely a great help. Thanks , Maryd
Old 02-20-2020, 02:54 AM   #6

THOR #15560
I’m glad it helped. This forum and it’s members have been great. Enjoy your coach. I like mine. It’s smaller but it works for us.

Tags
fresh water drain, low point drain