Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 05-25-2023, 06:14 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
T-pull for drawers.

Try downloading the attachment for Lowes picture.
---Quote (Originally by JimC)---
I had the same problem. I removed the drawer, replaced the latch mechanism, and it still wouldn't stay closed.

I went to Lowes and bought a Tee "T" drawer pull [stainless], drilled a 1/8th in hole, and placed the Tee between two drawers. When the top of the T is vertical, it will hold the two drawers closed. When the top of the T es horizontal, the drawers will open.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	T-Pull for drawers-Lowes.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	42071  

Old 05-26-2023, 02:28 AM   #22

Model: 22E
State: New York
THOR #12119
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion8335 View Post
Perfect! I got the drawer out. This is the same catch I have, and it's on the outside, was very easy to get the drawer out once I knew what I was doing! Already ordered the replacement catches on Amazon now that I could see what I was looking for.

A side note, I thought might as well order the larger one for the big drawer, for some reason, Thor wanted to make sure that drawer didn't come out. They put screws and blocker wood pieces to prevent removal. I guess even with the heavier catches, they still decided extra help was needed to prevent the drawers from coming out.

Not gonna mess with since it isn't broken. Following the old adage... Thanks again for your help!
Is it the draw under the oven that you couldn't get out?
I didn't have a problem removing mine. Don't remember any extra wood.
But after I removed the draw under the oven I opened it up underneath for more space and then took the drawer apart and added hinges to the drawer front. The hinges are on the bottom of this new door.
I did have to push some wires to the back of the cabinet and add more luan to the sides and back of this new cabinet.
Old 05-26-2023, 01:47 PM   #23

Model: 2020 Chateau 22E
State: Ohio
THOR #29324
Quote:
Originally Posted by bry899 View Post
Is it the draw under the oven that you couldn't get out?
I didn't have a problem removing mine. Don't remember any extra wood.
But after I removed the draw under the oven I opened it up underneath for more space and then took the drawer apart and added hinges to the drawer front. The hinges are on the bottom of this new door.
I did have to push some wires to the back of the cabinet and add more luan to the sides and back of this new cabinet.
Both drawers wouldn't come out. Only the one under the sink was 'broken', the one under the oven is ok. It has a different, stronger catch, and I wanted to remove the drawer so I could see what that one looked like. I wanted to order both strengths to have on hand. That's when I found the wood squares that were attached to the back of the drawer preventing it from being able to be removed. Maybe the stops in one or both rails were broken and this was the factory's fix. Anyway, I only ordered the one for the broken drawer. Tracking says it should be here today. I will post how it goes. A simple fix. I'm just hoping that it's the right 'strength'.
Old 05-27-2023, 03:47 AM   #24

THOR #29324
Thumbs up

Quote:
Both drawers wouldn't come out. Only the one under the sink was 'broken', the one under the oven is ok. It has a different, stronger catch, and I wanted to remove the drawer so I could see what that one looked like. I wanted to order both strengths to have on hand. That's when I found the wood squares that were attached to the back of the drawer preventing it from being able to be removed. Maybe the stops in one or both rails were broken and this was the factory's fix. Anyway, I only ordered the one for the broken drawer. Tracking says it should be here today. I will post how it goes. A simple fix. I'm just hoping that it's the right 'strength'.
Mission accomplished. Installed the new catch today. Only disappointment is the new one is slightly easier to open, even though it's the same exact size/shape as the broken one. Just hoping it doesn't pop open while on the road. Yes, I could always add another if necessary. I bought a 4-pack that has both sides.

Thanks to all with advice that helped get this done!
Old 10-10-2023, 01:52 AM   #25

State: British Columbia
THOR #29599
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimC View Post
Try downloading the attachment for Lowes picture.
---Quote (Originally by JimC)---
I had the same problem. I removed the drawer, replaced the latch mechanism, and it still wouldn't stay closed.

I went to Lowes and bought a Tee "T" drawer pull [stainless], drilled a 1/8th in hole, and placed the Tee between two drawers. When the top of the T is vertical, it will hold the two drawers closed. When the top of the T es horizontal, the drawers will open.
Thanks for the information on the drawer. As it turns out I have a similar problem. I have a 2020 Thor 22E I was able to get at the drawer under the bench to replace that drawer catch but now the drawer under the wardrobe won’t stay closed. I can’t remove the drawer to get at the drawer catch to replace it. I can’t get the drawer slide to release it far enough to look behind. You mention that there was a wood stop put behind the drawer to stop it from coming out further. I can’t see behind the drawer so that might be my problem as well. I woukd appreciate your comments
Old 10-10-2023, 02:57 AM   #26

Model: Daybreak 22GOC
State: Kansas
THOR #18675
drawer retainer

There is a piece of wood attached to my drawer which keeps the drawer from coming completely out. It would interfere with removing the drawer.
Old 10-10-2023, 03:34 AM   #27

THOR #29599
Smile Thor drawer closing

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulwadley View Post
The drawers can be removed by pulling them open all of the way. Then look at each side where the tracks run on the drawer. There will be a black lever that you need to either push down or up to release the drawer from the track. While pushing that lever with your finger, gently pull/slide the drawer and it will release the drawer from the slide portion that is attached to the cabinet allowing you to remove it. To put it back, just slide the drawer back onto the track and slide it back into place. I hold the slide track that moves out of the cabinet as I am sliding the drawer back into place. The drawer will then lock back into place. Those catches are easily replaced and can be found on Amazon.

Paul
Hi Paul, I had started another thread before I saw yours. I’m hav8ng the same drawer issue about not closing. I will try the slider levers on each side to see if I can get the drawer to release to get access to the lower fixed catch receiver.
Thanks for your information
Old 10-10-2023, 02:07 PM   #28

THOR #29324
I also have this same model. The trick is to move the black levers in *opposite* directions to get them to release the drawer. Thanks goes to Jimbo56 for explaining this. You must push down on one of the levers and up on the opposite side. If that doesn't work, reverse directions for each. Should come right out, assuming you don't have blocking wood pieces holding the drawer in. This particular drawer didn't have any, so it came right out. Hope this helps!
Old 10-10-2023, 10:46 PM   #29

THOR #29599
Smile Thor drawer

Quote:
I also have this same model. The trick is to move the black levers in *opposite* directions to get them to release the drawer. Thanks goes to Jimbo56 for explaining this. You must push down on one of the levers and up on the opposite side. If that doesn't work, reverse directions for each. Should come right out, assuming you don't have blocking wood pieces holding the drawer in. This particular drawer didn't have any, so it came right out. Hope this helps!
I really appreciate everyone’s effort to pass along this solution of push/pull who would have thought. Also thank you to all who mentioned Amazon for purchasing the catches. I wouldn’t have thought they would have them. As an aside I paid $32C locally for the first one that broke. Also that they come in different pull strengths. Great info