Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 11-27-2020, 04:04 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Virginia
THOR #18153
2020 Hurricane 34J LED Headlights

I apologize up front for starting yet another thread on LED headlights, but after scouring the Thor forum, You Tube, and google posts I am still not sure which way to run with this.
A few years ago, I have a really bad experience with HIDs in a car and do not wish to try the same thing on my RV.
We just recently upgraded our Wrangler JL to LED with excellent results and it seems like this may be the way to go.

So... Has anyone successfully upgraded their later model Hurricane with LED headlights?
If so, could you provide the vendor/part number of the bulbs and accessories that were used, and maybe any lessons learned from the upgrade process?

I am really not happy with the slightly-yellow tint next to the bright LED daytime lights, and visibility is not very good at night when we tend to do much of our driving. Could be my eyes are getting older too.

Some of the other Hurricane or Thor models seem to have the same or very similar lights, so maybe owners of other models may have upgraded their headlights?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Old 04-18-2021, 12:54 AM   #2

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 34J
State: Florida
THOR #15745
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10590 View Post
I apologize up front for starting yet another thread on LED headlights, but after scouring the Thor forum, You Tube, and google posts I am still not sure which way to run with this.

A few years ago, I have a really bad experience with HIDs in a car and do not wish to try the same thing on my RV.

We just recently upgraded our Wrangler JL to LED with excellent results and it seems like this may be the way to go.

So... Has anyone successfully upgraded their later model Hurricane with LED headlights?

If so, could you provide the vendor/part number of the bulbs and accessories that were used, and maybe any lessons learned from the upgrade process?

I am really not happy with the slightly-yellow tint next to the bright LED daytime lights, and visibility is not very good at night when we tend to do much of our driving. Could be my eyes are getting older too.

Some of the other Hurricane or Thor models seem to have the same or very similar lights, so maybe owners of other models may have upgraded their headlights?

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I have a 2019 Hurricane34j
I replaced my low beams and high beams with

Visit the AUXITO Store
4.6 out of 5 stars 2,321 Reviews
AUXITO H8/H9/H11 LED Headlight Bulbs, 400% Brighter, Mini Size, 80W 16,000LM Per Pair, CanBus Ready, Beam Adjustable Headlight Lamp Conversion Kit, 6500K White, Pack of 2

I replaced the turn signals with

AUXITO 3157 3156 LED Turn Signal Light Bulbs High Power 3056 3057 4157 LED Bulbs Blinker Light 25W Per Bulb Amber Yellow Pack of 2

And my fog lights with:

ALLA Lighting H8 H9 H11 LED Switchback Fog Lights Super Bright 8000Lm H11 Switchback Fog/Bulbs Replacement, 6000K White / 3000K Amber Yellow

All lights work great and are pure white.
I like the fog lights because they switch from white to yellow just by turning the switch on off no.

Purchased all on Amazon
FMCA Member
Badmanrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hurricane led headlights