Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2020, 06:40 PM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by AAL787 View Post
That's the only one that works.
I'm just guessing that that one is for a TV. and on an inverter.

Old 01-21-2020, 06:43 PM   #22

THOR #15553
Start with a volt meter at the shore power and follow the cord thru every joint you find. Check voltage at every joint. All the way back to the main breaker panel. Then measure all the breakers.

Unplug shore power and start gen. Measure voltage at transfer switch.
Old 01-21-2020, 06:55 PM   #23

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Michigan
THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Start with a volt meter at the shore power and follow the cord thru every joint you find. Check voltage at every joint. All the way back to the main breaker panel. Then measure all the breakers.

Unplug shore power and start gen. Measure voltage at transfer switch.
Thanks. I'll give that a try and hopefully get some resolve. If not, I'm sure they'll figure it out once I get it to the dealer at the end of March. The plugs aren't crucial but if I can get them working it would be bonus.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:39 PM   #24

THOR #15553
Quote:
Thanks. I'll give that a try and hopefully get some resolve. If not, I'm sure they'll figure it out once I get it to the dealer at the end of March. The plugs aren't crucial but if I can get them working it would be bonus.
Main circuit breaker ON? all circuit breakers? A/C working?
Old 01-29-2020, 07:42 PM   #25

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
The rig is in Solana Beach, CA at the moment. I fly out there on days off and take it to either San Elijo or South Carlsbad campground during my stays. With shore power, generator, or with engine running almost all 120v plugs are inop.

I picked it up at General RV in Dover, FL and am coincidentally headed that way for the Sun-n-fun airshow in April (thus the service appointment there). Planning to head back to Michigan in May so I'll still be under warranty.

It may be an incomplete seal around the skylight. I'm just hesitant to apply my own fixes so assumptions aren't made that I contributed to the initial problem.
Be syre to tell your dealer or Thor that the problems exist....especially th eleaks....I was told by one Thor rep that the roof leaks only have a 90 day grace period. Says something right there. I had a leak in the ACE by the driver's window that took several trips to find. What a pain that was.
In that it's new, let them fix it....that way they can't say you invalidated the warranty by doing the work yourself. You might want to look at putting in some other handling helpers. I had an ACE and it handled about the same as yours....traded it on a used Hurricane that had steering stabilizers, sway bars front and back and Bilstein shocks. WORLD of difference I guarantee it. Sumo also has some shocks that I've read are very good.
Be sure with outlets that your GFI is working with the reset buttons.
Also, be sure to tell your dealer and/or Thor the problems exist...especially leaks. I was told by one rep that the leaks only have a 90 day grace period....says something right there I guess.
Old 01-29-2020, 07:49 PM   #26

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
THOR #9033
Quote:
The hatch above the cockpit of the Boeing 787 I fly leaks too and that thing runs $220,000,000. Must just be my fate to get wet!
Ya but it wasn't yours...Like the capt. of the Titanic said, "Let 'er sink, she ain't mine."
Old 01-29-2020, 11:23 PM   #27

Model: Axis 24.1
State: North Carolina
THOR #1526
Leak Above The Shower

We have a 2014 Axis 24.1. Last year A leak developed above the shower and a topside inspection revealed some cracked sealant around the skylight screws.

Purchased some roof type sealant and thoroughly covered ALL the screws and problem is resolved.

Good Luck - you'll enjoy your unit - don't let the little things get you down...
Old 01-30-2020, 12:21 AM   #28

Model: VEGAS 27.7
THOR #14226
First of all I would not wait until you get back here in FL to resolve your leaking issue.
Just for fun from whom did you purchase you unit from here in FL?

Now the Safety-Plus is a good add, bit if you have Hankook tires that is 80% of your driving problems.
I have a 2018 27.7. I first added Safety-Plus, it helps some, I then added heavy duty front and rear sway bars along with a pan bars. Again better, but not to my satisfaction. So with 3,000 mile I put Michelin tires on and the heavens open up. That was the best move made after thousands of dollars. Star there with Sate-Plus. Tires are your problem.
Old 01-30-2020, 12:25 AM   #29
MLP

State: California
THOR #17478
You have to do what you can to stop the leak. Water damage do to a discovered leak that no attempt to stop generally will not be covered by a manufacture. You cannot tell a manufacture I have a leak and let it go for three months unless you store it under cover or garaged to prevent further damage. There have been some skylights that have had hairline cracks in them that were hard to see, but leak like a faucet. Get some Dicor self leveling lap sealant and go over the seams and mounting hardware. You can also get and use EternaBond Roof Sealant tape. Both are acceptable to use. Not expensive and easy to apply. That way they know that you reported it and made an attempt to stop any further damage. Take pictures both before and after. Both products can be found on Amazon and at Camping World.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:33 AM   #30
vkb

Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Haven't installed an inverter but I'm planning to (along with solar). The campground charges an extra $25/day for hookup spots. I'll be staying in my Vegas close to 20 days next month. The savings alone will go a long way toward covering the cost of the upgrade.
might be a redundant question....regarding your electrical issues...
are you using the Store/Use switch correctly?
Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 05:34 AM   #31

Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
THOR #11781
Did Thor extend their 90 day warranty on leaks?
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2020, 03:12 PM   #32

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curbmaster View Post
We have a 2014 Axis 24.1. Last year A leak developed above the shower and a topside inspection revealed some cracked sealant around the skylight screws.

Purchased some roof type sealant and thoroughly covered ALL the screws and problem is resolved.

Good Luck - you'll enjoy your unit - don't let the little things get you down...
Thanks - I think I have an idea of the source. There appears to be a very slight gap at the aft portion of the skylight. Hardly noticeable but but possible the issue. Planning to seal it today.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:16 PM   #33

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
In that it's new, let them fix it....that way they can't say you invalidated the warranty by doing the work yourself. You might want to look at putting in some other handling helpers. I had an ACE and it handled about the same as yours....traded it on a used Hurricane that had steering stabilizers, sway bars front and back and Bilstein shocks. WORLD of difference I guarantee it. Sumo also has some shocks that I've read are very good.
Be sure with outlets that your GFI is working with the reset buttons.
Also, be sure to tell your dealer and/or Thor the problems exist...especially leaks. I was told by one rep that the leaks only have a 90 day grace period....says something right there I guess.
Thanks for the suggestions. I've ordered a Safe T Plus and beginning to install it with some other mods. Multiple resets on the GFI finally resulted in clearing the issue. stubborn thing.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:31 PM   #34

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Did Thor extend their 90 day warranty on leaks?
I called and Thor differed me to a local dealer in San Diego. That dealer as well as others in the area claim they only have room on the schedule to work on rigs they themselves have sold. I did get an appointment with one but it was literally months away. I'm driving the RV back to Florida in March for an airshow anyway so my original dealer will be working on it.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:35 PM   #35

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
might be a redundant question....regarding your electrical issues...
are you using the Store/Use switch correctly?
Yes. Like the master switch on an airplane (I have to equate most things to aviation to understand them). Multiple resets of the breakers and bathroom GFI finally resolved the issue.
It's been dry in SoCal. I'm wondering if the roof leak and electrical problems are associated...
Old 01-30-2020, 03:42 PM   #36

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLP View Post
You have to do what you can to stop the leak. Water damage do to a discovered leak that no attempt to stop generally will not be covered by a manufacture. You cannot tell a manufacture I have a leak and let it go for three months unless you store it under cover or garaged to prevent further damage. There have been some skylights that have had hairline cracks in them that were hard to see, but leak like a faucet. Get some Dicor self leveling lap sealant and go over the seams and mounting hardware. You can also get and use EternaBond Roof Sealant tape. Both are acceptable to use. Not expensive and easy to apply. That way they know that you reported it and made an attempt to stop any further damage. Take pictures both before and after. Both products can be found on Amazon and at Camping World.
Thanks very much for the direction on this. I've found what appears to be a very slight sealant gap at the aft section of the skylight. I'm going to hit that as well as the hardware up there
Old 01-30-2020, 03:47 PM   #37

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Golfbum18 View Post
Ya but it wasn't yours...Like the capt. of the Titanic said, "Let 'er sink, she ain't mine."
hahaha! I think the captain of the Titanic got a little wet that night too.
Old 01-30-2020, 03:51 PM   #38

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
Main circuit breaker ON? all circuit breakers? A/C working?
Yes. It appears resolved now. Multiple resets later. Not sure if the issue was related to the leak. Been dry in SoCal so we'll see if she holds.
Old 01-30-2020, 04:01 PM   #39

THOR #17787
Quote:
Originally Posted by mgunnin View Post
First of all I would not wait until you get back here in FL to resolve your leaking issue.
Just for fun from whom did you purchase you unit from here in FL?

Now the Safety-Plus is a good add, bit if you have Hankook tires that is 80% of your driving problems.
I have a 2018 27.7. I first added Safety-Plus, it helps some, I then added heavy duty front and rear sway bars along with a pan bars. Again better, but not to my satisfaction. So with 3,000 mile I put Michelin tires on and the heavens open up. That was the best move made after thousands of dollars. Star there with Sate-Plus. Tires are your problem.
Got it at General RV. It was actually the third one. Vegas one - went to see it an they'd sent it to the RV show so a couple gazillion people could walk through it. They offered me a different one - Vegas two - 200 miles away I noticed a significant vibration at a specific speed and RPM. Turned around and exchanged for rig number three. I'd lost a couple days of travel time so I wasn't able to do as thorough a pre-buy as I'd wanted.
This one has some oddities (for example the base of the bathroom door appears to have been broken and glued back together) but I love the rig and plan to do what needs to and have great time with many happy miles ahead.
Old 01-30-2020, 08:21 PM   #40

Model: Vegas 27.7
THOR #16050
I too bought my 2020 Vegas 27.7 at General RV (Dover, FL) and I have to tell you, I am not impressed with their service department at all! I bought the rig in July of 2019 and have had to take it 3 different times for "warranty" work (or as I call it...poor workmanship and lack of quality control) and for things that you would think a service department would get right the first two times the rig was there. Awning issues, leaks on windows, headlights angled the wrong way, and other annoying issues that could've been address before the third time.

If I had to do it all over again, where I buy my rig would be at the top of my list of priorities. I would pick the closest dealer to my home that has a service department. I am 4-5 hours away from my dealer and it is really annoying to make the drive multiple times for the same issues. By the way, it is currently there now...again!

When I pick it up this time, I will have a chat with the Service Manager for sure!
Quote:
Got it at General RV. It was actually the third one. Vegas one - went to see it an they'd sent it to the RV show so a couple gazillion people could walk through it. They offered me a different one - Vegas two - 200 miles away I noticed a significant vibration at a specific speed and RPM. Turned around and exchanged for rig number three. I'd lost a couple days of travel time so I wasn't able to do as thorough a pre-buy as I'd wanted.
This one has some oddities (for example the base of the bathroom door appears to have been broken and glued back together) but I love the rig and plan to do what needs to and have great time with many happy miles ahead.