Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 03-19-2022, 08:15 PM   #1
MCG

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Utah
THOR #17782
2021 Magnitude xg32 Auto Jacks no power

No power to the Auto Jacks panel. Will not power on at all. No breakers tripped, Ignition on, Park brake on, pulled panel and unplugged for twenty minutes still nothing. Must be a breaker someplace. Any help would be helpful.

Old 03-19-2022, 09:20 PM   #2

Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
THOR #12751
Omni/Magnitude XG32 info

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCG View Post
No power to the Auto Jacks panel. Will not power on at all. No breakers tripped, Ignition on, Park brake on, pulled panel and unplugged for twenty minutes still nothing. Must be a breaker someplace. Any help would be helpful.

Did you check the 100A Bussman breaker in the battery compartment. Even if does not looked tripped I would press the test button and then reset the breaker.

The next thing to check is the Controller and wiring. In my SV34 it is located on the ceiling of the outside bins behind the entey door. If you bumped it or then wiring when stowing or removing something, you might have pulled a wire out of its socket. The panel gets its power through the Controller.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:28 PM   #3
MCG

THOR #17782
I did press the red button in the battery compartment. I'm not sure of the breaker you referred to? Frustrating. Worked the last time we had it out. Bought snappad for jacks and went to install and no power to jack. I'll keep trying. thanks
Old 03-19-2022, 09:38 PM   #4

Model: Magnitude XG32
State: Alaska
THOR #18758
Quote:
I did press the red button in the battery compartment. I'm not sure of the breaker you referred to? Frustrating. Worked the last time we had it out. Bought snappad for jacks and went to install and no power to jack. I'll keep trying. thanks
I have to wiggle my power button and sometimes press it twice-haven’t gotten around to looking at the wires yet.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:43 PM   #5

THOR #12751
Omni/Magnitude XG32 info

Quote:

There are two Bussman Breakers in the battery compartment of my Magnitude. One is a 50A and then othe is a 100A that provides power to the Leveling motor and also to start the generator.

I would find the Controller. It will be on the ceiling of a storage compartment towards the center of the coach on the same side as the control panel. You could have a loose wire there in the wiring harness that runs from the Controller to the control panel.
Old 03-19-2022, 09:55 PM   #6
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
You mean the levelers control panel (that has an AUTO function)?

No 120 VAC breaker to it.
May be powered from the 100 amp DC breaker that powers the hydraulic pump. Can you start the generator (same breaker).

May be a fuse as it's a 12 VDC panel.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2022, 01:08 AM   #7
MCG

THOR #17782
Jack levelers

I'm pretty sure it might be the 100 amp breaker. The generator won't start either. Not sure if it needs to be replace or a way to reset it. I have pressed the button but can't feel it reset. Might be bad. Oh the joys of RV'ing.
Old 03-20-2022, 04:28 AM   #8

THOR #18758
Quote:
I'm pretty sure it might be the 100 amp breaker. The generator won't start either. Not sure if it needs to be replace or a way to reset it. I have pressed the button but can't feel it reset. Might be bad. Oh the joys of RV'ing.
Mine has a lever that popped up when you pressed the button. Pushing the lever back down is how it gets reset on the breaker that came with my xg. Not sure if you have the same type breaker. Just throwing things at the wall
Old 03-20-2022, 10:15 AM   #9

THOR #12751
Quote:
See the yellow "flag" tilting downwards at an angle? That needs to be pushed back up so it is hidden parallel with the center of the breaker.

Pushing the button trips the breaker so the flag is exposed but you need to push the flag back into place for the breaker to be reset,

Your should look similar to this one but the color of the flag may be red and not yellow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-20 at 6.11.32 AM.png
Views:	25
Size:	603.4 KB
ID:	36524  
Old 03-21-2022, 12:20 AM   #10
MCG

THOR #17782
Jacks breaker

Thanks. I believe that was the problem. I couldn't see the breaker but could feel it. Hopefully one more issue solved.

Thanks again.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:06 PM   #11
MCG

THOR #17782
Jacks

Well I got the generator going but still no power to leveling jack module. I don't think it's the control box in the side compartment because it has a hard cover over it and we haven't really moved anything around in there much. Is there another breaker that is specific to the leveling jacks to research?
Old 03-21-2022, 09:26 PM   #12

THOR #12751
2021 Magnitude xg32 Auto Jacks no power

Quote:
Well I got the generator going but still no power to leveling jack module. I don't think it's the control box in the side compartment because it has a hard cover over it and we haven't really moved anything around in there much. Is there another breaker that is specific to the leveling jacks to research?
According to the Schematics, the 100A Bussman breaker is for both the generator and the levelers so if the generator will start, power to the pump unit is not the issue.

Also according to then schematics, there is a 20A fuse on a 12 gauge wire for the levelers. The schematics only say it is located "At the Battery."

Now I do know there is a 20A fuse there for the Power Steps but it is possible the power to the leveler controller is off that circuit as well. But if your power step is working, that would not be the issue either.

The interesting thing is the page with the Battery Compartment schematics only show 12V fuses for the Steps, the Solar Controller and the Auxiliary Start.
Old 03-21-2022, 09:34 PM   #13

THOR #12751
See if any of this information helps...... you may be able to get your meter our and check for 12V.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 5.30.16 PM.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	36549   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2022-03-21 at 5.30.35 PM.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	18.6 KB
ID:	36550  

Attached Files
File Type: pdf LCI-Ultra-Level_Jacks_UsersManual.pdf (1.38 MB, 24 views)
File Type: pdf Lippert_LevelerTroubleshootingGuide.pdf (611.6 KB, 18 views)
Old 03-22-2022, 12:03 AM   #14
MCG

THOR #17782
Process of elimination

Judge, thanks for your help. Took the cover off and all looks good. But i don't have meter nor could use one if i had one. I'm going to search for the inline 20 amp blade fuse tomorrow but the steps are working.
Old 03-22-2022, 12:11 AM   #15
Site Team

THOR #7035
Quote:
Judge, thanks for your help. Took the cover off and all looks good. But i don't have meter nor could use one if i had one. I'm going to search for the inline 20 amp blade fuse tomorrow but the steps are working.
With all the electrical systems in an RV the ability to use a multimeter is an invaluable asset. I recommend you head on over to Harbor Freight (or Walmart, or any big box hardware store) and pick up a cheap multimeter.

https://www.harborfreight.com/7-func...g_q=multimeter

Get a cuppa coffee and sit down and review this video:

And use this opportunity to gain this skill and maybe even find the source of your problem.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:42 PM   #16

THOR #18758
Are you pressing the power button once and saying there is no power? If so, then I’m asking for you to try what I have to do. If I press the power button once it will not come on. I have to press it again and hold it until the lights come on (every time for the past two years). And sometimes on the second press, it seems as though wiggling it while pressed, helps. Not right at all, but I can’t coordinate a time to order one and have it delivered to wherever I may be (we are full time). Give it a shot, while you wait for a voltage meter or someone to check it for you.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:51 PM   #17

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
THOR #11130
Check the wiring at the pump end of the system. Mine is in the LPG compartment, which is basically exposed to free air flow. Could be that something hit it or knocked the wiring loose at or around the pump assembly. Sometimes I have the same issue, as in the last trip. Engine running, park brake engaged...and no power at the jack pad. I shut engine off, released and reapplied parking brake...held coat hanger into the lightning storm, peed in the kitchen sink and cussed out the guy camping next to me...then, they worked. It's weird to say the least.
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2022, 12:56 AM   #18

THOR #18758
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Check the wiring at the pump end of the system. Mine is in the LPG compartment, which is basically exposed to free air flow. Could be that something hit it or knocked the wiring loose at or around the pump assembly. Sometimes I have the same issue, as in the last trip. Engine running, park brake engaged...and no power at the jack pad. I shut engine off, released and reapplied parking brake...held coat hanger into the lightning storm, peed in the kitchen sink and cussed out the guy camping next to me...then, they worked. It's weird to say the least.
That’s ingenuity
Old 03-24-2022, 12:59 AM   #19
Site Team

THOR #7035
I think the OP must have got lost on the YouTube campus?
Old 03-24-2022, 11:31 AM   #20

THOR #12751
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gritz Carlton View Post
Check the wiring at the pump end of the system. Mine is in the LPG compartment, which is basically exposed to free air flow. Could be that something hit it or knocked the wiring loose at or around the pump assembly.
It is crazy they let the power unit be exposed to water, road debris, etc. Another example of Thor engineering or cost cutting..... or both! The power unit on my Outlaw looked 10 years old after one season.

I installed some aluminum angle and then an aluminum floor / shield to protect the power unit and even the bottom of the propane tank on my Magnitude SV34. It is not airtight so there is some airflow when driving or a way for propane to escape if there was a small leak. My power unit still looks new now after a couple seasons.