Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 04-25-2021, 08:40 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
2021 Windsport 34J toilet wonít flush

Hello all!! Recently purchased our 2021 34J, and weíre having a toilet problem. Iíve searched this forum, the RVís manual, and Thor online, and Iím still unsure. This RV has a Dometic 7640 toilet, and it will not flush We are hooked up to city water, and plugged into power. I hear the two clicks when the pedal is pressed, but no water comes into the bowl, nor does the macerator kick on. I checked the fuse for the macerator, and it is not blown. Please help! Thank you so much!!! -Tina

__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:03 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Hurricane 29M
State: Texas
Posts: 1,503
THOR #11781
Sorry, no help from me, but now I know I don't want an electric toilet. Gravity and water has fine for me for a very long time.
__________________
Lt Keefer
2018 Hurricane 29M
CHF, Saf-T-Plus, SumoSprings
Lt Keefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 09:44 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
PictureTheSouth's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Windsport 27K
State: North Carolina
Posts: 222
THOR #11007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lt Keefer View Post
Sorry, no help from me, but now I know I don't want an electric toilet. Gravity and water has fine for me for a very long time.



As someone who is getting a bit older every day, I can say with authority that "Gravity Sucks".
And can also say from experience that there are times we should be glad of that.
__________________
PictureTheSouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 10:04 PM   #4
Site Team
 
EA37TS's Avatar
 
Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Carolina
Posts: 5,773
THOR #1469
Sounds like a dealer warranty issue.
__________________
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:02 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
Posts: 1,274
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum. Like the other responders I am not familiar with this particular toilet or its operation......but after checking an on line manual description of operation (exerpt below) it sounds like the flush pedal can allow water into the bowl and also operate the macerator motor to pump bowl contents into the black tank. It also says if the black holding tank is full the toilet will not operate (if it is connected to the holding tank level sensor system). So first question I would ask.......is your black tank full? If yes you have to dump the tank appropriately at a sani-dump location first (assuming your toilet is in fact connected to the holding tank sensor system). If the holding black tank is not full then there may be some other on/off switch operation required in order to power the macerator pump (use/store on perhaps, but you say you are on shore power). I would contact your selling Dealer tech department and ask for verbal assistance as a start.


Technical description

4.1
Benefits
Convenient electronic flush. Add water or flush by pressing on the flush
pedal.
Choice of two water consumption settings. "Normal" flush uses 0.83 gal.
(3.1 l) per flush and adds water to bowl after flush; "Dry Bowl" setting uses
only 0.21 gal. (0.79 l) per flush and does not add water to the bowl.
Versatile installation. Powerful macerator pump allows toilet to be located
up to 40 ft. (12.2 m) away from holding tank or other discharge line destina-
tion.
Automatic "full tank" shut-down. When connected to a holding tank level
indication system (such as Dometic DTM01 system), the MasterFlush7640
toilet will not flush when the holding tank is full. This safety features prevents
overfilling the holding tank, which may cause damage to the motorhome.
__________________
javelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 02:53 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,110
THOR #12751
I've actually been considering intalling this toilet in my 2020 Magnitude.

I can tell you it does run off 12V. I will assume your Use / Store switch is in the Use position so that the 12V is being provided to the toilet.

There is an optional Full Tank Float that will prevent the toilet from flusing as the previous post mentioned. I am not sure if that option was installed or if they just wired it into the display for your tank levels. If it thinks the black tank is full, that could be an issue.

Another issue could be a kinked or blocked water lined going into the toilet. But if you are not hearing the motor run at all, I would not think that is the issue.

Attached is the troubleshooting from the manual....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-26 at 10.50.39 AM.png
Views:	20
Size:	115.4 KB
ID:	30062  
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:07 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
MJC62's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: A.C.E. 27.2
State: Indiana
Posts: 923
THOR #14698
No help here.
We had issues when we first bought our ACE but that was the passenger side toilet and the sloping black tank.
Sounds like a lack of 12 volt power to me.
__________________
2018 ACE 27.2
Toad 2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk
Roadmaster Falcon All Terrain Towbar
Roadmaster Invisibrake
MJC62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:09 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by javelin View Post
Welcome to the forum. Like the other responders I am not familiar with this particular toilet or its operation......but after checking an on line manual description of operation (exerpt below) it sounds like the flush pedal can allow water into the bowl and also operate the macerator motor to pump bowl contents into the black tank. It also says if the black holding tank is full the toilet will not operate (if it is connected to the holding tank level sensor system). So first question I would ask.......is your black tank full? If yes you have to dump the tank appropriately at a sani-dump location first (assuming your toilet is in fact connected to the holding tank sensor system). If the holding black tank is not full then there may be some other on/off switch operation required in order to power the macerator pump (use/store on perhaps, but you say you are on shore power). I would contact your selling Dealer tech department and ask for verbal assistance as a start.


Technical description

4.1
Benefits
Convenient electronic flush. Add water or flush by pressing on the flush
pedal.
Choice of two water consumption settings. "Normal" flush uses 0.83 gal.
(3.1 l) per flush and adds water to bowl after flush; "Dry Bowl" setting uses
only 0.21 gal. (0.79 l) per flush and does not add water to the bowl.
Versatile installation. Powerful macerator pump allows toilet to be located
up to 40 ft. (12.2 m) away from holding tank or other discharge line destina-
tion.
Automatic "full tank" shut-down. When connected to a holding tank level
indication system (such as Dometic DTM01 system), the MasterFlush7640
toilet will not flush when the holding tank is full. This safety features prevents
overfilling the holding tank, which may cause damage to the motorhome.


Thank you!! The tank is completely empty, so that is the one thing we know should be be the issue. Ugh!!! Iíve spent much of this morning on the phone with techís, and still nothing :-(
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:11 PM   #9
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
I've actually been considering intalling this toilet in my 2020 Magnitude.



I can tell you it does run off 12V. I will assume your Use / Store switch is in the Use position so that the 12V is being provided to the toilet.



There is an optional Full Tank Float that will prevent the toilet from flusing as the previous post mentioned. I am not sure if that option was installed or if they just wired it into the display for your tank levels. If it thinks the black tank is full, that could be an issue.



Another issue could be a kinked or blocked water lined going into the toilet. But if you are not hearing the motor run at all, I would not think that is the issue.



Attached is the troubleshooting from the manual....


Thank you!!! The use/store store switch, thatís the one in the stairwell, correct? If it is, yes, it was on. This is so frustrating!!
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:46 PM   #10
Site Team
 
16ACE27's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
Posts: 6,433
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochootina View Post
Thank you!! The tank is completely empty, so that is the one thing we know should be be the issue. Ugh!!! Iíve spent much of this morning on the phone with techís, and still nothing :-(
But does it INDICATE empty on the display panel?
__________________
Ted & Melinda
2016 ACE 27.1
2016 Chevy Sonic Toad
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Alternate Toad
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2021, 04:59 PM   #11
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by 16ACE27 View Post
But does it INDICATE empty on the display panel?


Yes.
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 11:59 AM   #12
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by choochootina View Post
Hello all!! Recently purchased our 2021 34J, and weíre having a toilet problem. Iíve searched this forum, the RVís manual, and Thor online, and Iím still unsure. This RV has a Dometic 7640 toilet, and it will not flush We are hooked up to city water, and plugged into power. I hear the two clicks when the pedal is pressed, but no water comes into the bowl, nor does the macerator kick on. I checked the fuse for the macerator, and it is not blown. Please help! Thank you so much!!! -Tina


Thank you, everybody, for your help!! Wanted to reply with an update, so when another owner encounters this, maybe this will help!! After tons of calls and internet searching, problem figured out and corrected. DO NOT put tank deodorizing tablets, or anything other than tp or human waste, into a macerator toilet!!!!!!! Since I didnít even realize we had this kind of a toilet, I put a packet into the toilet, and caused this issue!!!! . The packet jammed up the macerator, AND, there WAS a fuse blown! We had checked the fuse labeled for the macerator, but after following the wiring, we now know the fuse box was wired differently than labeled!!!!! The main reason we were able to solve this toilet issue was because I stumbled upon a YouTube video about macerator toilets by The Casual RVer, and he went over the dos and donítís for this toilet type!!!! (Thank you, John!!)

Trying to figure out this issue, I called Thor customer numerous times, and they were very helpful! They quickly sent me the info I requested.

Happy Camping everyone
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:26 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
Judge's Avatar
 
Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2020 Magnitude SV34
State: Florida
Posts: 2,110
THOR #12751
Thank you for the update!

That will do it everytime! One of the advantages of the macerator toilet is you don't need to treat the black tank the same way you do with a gravity flush. You don't have all the derbis that needs to break down and you don't open the black tank to the air when you flush.

You can consider adding Calgon Water Softener and some liquid soap (assuming the manual says this will not harm the maerator) to help keep the black tank slippery so it flushes out as easily as possible.
__________________
Judge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:28 PM   #14
I Think We're Lost!
 
Bob Denman's Avatar
 
Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
Posts: 20,580
THOR #8860
Welcome to the forum, and I hope that you can soon get the "crappy problem"... behind you!

(Sorry for the bad attempt at humor... )
If the macerator clicks; but is not turning on: I'd take a look at making sure that it is free of obstructions...
__________________
"What is good? To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and hear the lamentations of their widows."
Good Sam Member 843599689
Current coach: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:39 PM   #15
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
Thank you for the update!



That will do it everytime! One of the advantages of the macerator toilet is you don't need to treat the black tank the same way you do with a gravity flush. You don't have all the derbis that needs to break down and you don't open the black tank to the air when you flush.



You can consider adding Calgon Water Softener and some liquid soap (assuming the manual says this will not harm the maerator) to help keep the black tank slippery so it flushes out as easily as possible.


Thank you so much!!!!!
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2021, 12:40 PM   #16
Junior Member
 
State: Arizona
Posts: 7
THOR #23096
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
Welcome to the forum, and I hope that you can soon get the "crappy problem"... behind you!



(Sorry for the bad attempt at humor... )

If the macerator but not turning on: I'd take a look at making sure that it is free of obstructions...


LOL!! Lesson learned!!! Thank you!!
__________________
choochootina is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Thor Industries or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




All times are GMT. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0 PL2