Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-24-2022, 06:17 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Chateau 25v
State: Florida
THOR #25787
Question 2022 Chateau 25v -Where is the Low Point Drain?

I can't find the low point drain valves on this unit. Dealer is 100 miles away and of no help. Been under the RV and simply don't see where the drain or valves could be. Can anyone help me locate the valves? Thanks!

Old 01-24-2022, 08:58 PM   #2

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kemp_H View Post
I can't find the low point drain valves on this unit. Dealer is 100 miles away and of no help. Been under the RV and simply don't see where the drain or valves could be. Can anyone help me locate the valves? Thanks!
I'm not sure about your model I have a Thor Ace 33.1 and like you I didn't know where the low point drain was. I talked to Thor and we discussed where they might have put it and I told him there were no tubes hanging down anywhere, I said the lowest plumbing I could find was the outside shower, He agreed that was it. That is how I winterize, blow everything out with an air compressor, mine is set for 60psi. Don't forget the flush for the black tank. Also on mine the fresh water tank is in the bedroom so I need to leave the water pump on till nothing is in there, the drain doesn't get everything. I even tip the motorhome toward the drain while the pump is on. Remember to shut the valve from the water tank or you will suck air with the pump. Hook the hose to the connector by the pump and suck it through the complete system and some in the drains. This is just me I blow the the antifreeze out when done because you can't freeze what isn't there and leave all faucets open because if there is a freeze it can't build pressure and blow a line
Old 01-24-2022, 09:05 PM   #3

THOR #20274
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Johnson View Post
I'm not sure about your model I have a Thor Ace 33.1 and like you I didn't know where the low point drain was. I talked to Thor and we discussed where they might have put it and I told him there were no tubes hanging down anywhere, I said the lowest plumbing I could find was the outside shower, He agreed that was it. That is how I winterize, blow everything out with an air compressor, mine is set for 60psi. Don't forget the flush for the black tank. Also on mine the fresh water tank is in the bedroom so I need to leave the water pump on till nothing is in there, the drain doesn't get everything. I even tip the motorhome toward the drain while the pump is on. Remember to shut the valve from the water tank or you will suck air with the pump. Hook the hose to the connector by the pump and suck it through the complete system and some in the drains. This is just me I blow the the antifreeze out when done because you can't freeze what isn't there and leave all faucets open because if there is a freeze it can't build pressure and blow a line
One other thing if you leave the RV antifreeze in the garage or outside it freezes in the +20s it's made that way it just doesn't expand like water does when it freezes. So if you find it's zero out and the gallon of antifreeze is frozen solid that's normal. If the one you buy say protects to 50 below that is the burst temperature not the freezing temp
Old 01-24-2022, 09:38 PM   #4

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Remove the drawers under the stove and kitchen sink area. Find the red & blue pex tubing coming from the pump. On mine there are very small black T handles under a short run of pex which exits through the floor. Yours may be different, but worth a look.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20191012_093609.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	114.0 KB
ID:	35803  
Old 01-24-2022, 10:00 PM   #5

THOR #20274
Quote:
If you do a search a above by new posts and quick links I found Paradox998 last time they posted was 1/22/22. If you click on their profile you can sent them a message. Their unit is a few years older but I bet most of it is the same
Old 01-24-2022, 10:59 PM   #6

THOR #25787
Quote:
If you do a search a above by new posts and quick links I found Paradox998 last time they posted was 1/22/22. If you click on their profile you can sent them a message. Their unit is a few years older but I bet most of it is the same
Thank you for the help. I will check it out. This thread has been very helpful!
Old 01-24-2022, 11:01 PM   #7

THOR #25787
Quote:
One other thing if you leave the RV antifreeze in the garage or outside it freezes in the +20s it's made that way it just doesn't expand like water does when it freezes. So if you find it's zero out and the gallon of antifreeze is frozen solid that's normal. If the one you buy say protects to 50 below that is the burst temperature not the freezing temp
. Good to know! We are in Central Florida for the winter, but the RV is in storage and I want to err on the side of caution. We had a low of 26 degrees last night, and it may get down that low again next week. We will be prepared!
Old 01-24-2022, 11:03 PM   #8

THOR #25787
Quote:
. Thanks, Bill. This is exactly what I did yesterday, so I'm glad to know I was on the right track. Gonna keep looking for those valves, though.
Old 01-24-2022, 11:05 PM   #9

THOR #25787
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chateau_Nomad View Post
Remove the drawers under the stove and kitchen sink area. Find the red & blue pex tubing coming from the pump. On mine there are very small black T handles under a short run of pex which exits through the floor. Yours may be different, but worth a look.
Aha! They HIDE the valves! Clever, those Thor folks, but not clever enough to fool the forum! I will open the drawers and any removeable panels until the fittings are revealed. They can run, but they can't hide (for long!) Thank you!
Old 01-25-2022, 01:19 AM   #10

THOR #20274
Quote:
. Good to know! We are in Central Florida for the winter, but the RV is in storage and I want to err on the side of caution. We had a low of 26 degrees last night, and it may get down that low again next week. We will be prepared!
I hope you find everything. If it gets too hot down there just think of me up here tomorrow it will be -15, but we're used to it. I keep telling myself that every year
Old 01-26-2022, 04:44 PM   #11

THOR #25787
I put a request for assistance on the Thor website at the same time I posted here on this forum. Within 24 hours a Thor representative got back to me and sent me a 32-page set of schematics, covering virtually everything on the Chateau 25v. She also said in her email that I could find the low-point drain valve under the right-side bed. I opened the compartment under the bed and... voila! There it was! I am very impressed with this response from Thor, as most of what I had heard about the company was not in the 'positive' column. I printed the schematic manual and it now resides in the RV. I was able to resolve my original problem thanks to help from this forum, but the quick response from Thor has really helped me feel better about owning a Thor product. Thanks to all who responded to my post!
Old 01-26-2022, 05:21 PM   #12

THOR #20274
Quote:
I put a request for assistance on the Thor website at the same time I posted here on this forum. Within 24 hours a Thor representative got back to me and sent me a 32-page set of schematics, covering virtually everything on the Chateau 25v. She also said in her email that I could find the low-point drain valve under the right-side bed. I opened the compartment under the bed and... voila! There it was! I am very impressed with this response from Thor, as most of what I had heard about the company was not in the 'positive' column. I printed the schematic manual and it now resides in the RV. I was able to resolve my original problem thanks to help from this forum, but the quick response from Thor has really helped me feel better about owning a Thor product. Thanks to all who responded to my post!
I'm glad you found it, Thor has always been good for sending out parts if the dealer has trouble getting them. Thor has always been friendly when I call with a problem. if you go to the Thor website there is the owners resource if you go into that it gives you every schematic and trouble shooting guides for everything in the RV. I had my plumbing schematic for mine but it's not in 3D so a person can't see the different levels of the pipes. If you ever have electrical problems or you want to upgrade things there are many electricians on here that can help.

Tags
chateau 25v, drain valve, low point drain