Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 12-01-2023, 02:18 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tranquility
State: Arizona
THOR #30166
Angry 2023 Tranqulity 19L Grey Water Tank Valve

Our grey water tank valve snapped off at the tank entry and the dealer wants to charge $3700 to replace the tank. On Facebook it seems this is a consistent problem for everyone, the valve was big and hung way to close to the road. I believe it is a safety hazard as these are falling off when under way which means they're hitting someone on the road. I'm looking for any info concerning repair or replacement under warranty, or solutions you may have come up with that are working.

Old 12-01-2023, 02:32 PM   #2

Model: THOR Chateua 35SF
State: Florida
THOR #11130
WWTD? Have you spoken with Thor customer service? If it's historically a design flaw, they may cover it under warranty. If it's a result of damage you may have to pay. If it's on you, I would look for local mobile rv repair folks or a small independent shop. Dealers have lots of overhead and labor rates are crazy. I know its low to the ground but Thor will say..."it was that way when you bought it...you should have been more careful".
Two Labs, Bugsie & Blondie
Blondie passed in 2020 at 5 to Leukemia
The Gritz Carlton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:03 PM   #3

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmi View Post
Our grey water tank valve snapped off at the tank entry and the dealer wants to charge $3700 to replace the tank. On Facebook it seems this is a consistent problem for everyone, the valve was big and hung way to close to the road. I believe it is a safety hazard as these are falling off when under way which means they're hitting someone on the road. I'm looking for any info concerning repair or replacement under warranty, or solutions you may have come up with that are working.
A broken fitting is the least of your problems if this was the case.

2015 Thor Windsport 34F = empty pockets
2010 Kia Soul
REME veteran
Trophy1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2023, 07:46 PM   #4

Model: Tranquility
State: Arizona
THOR #30166
Hey Trophy1200, can you please explain what you mean? I am not sure that I understand
Old 12-02-2023, 02:09 AM   #5

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Alberta
THOR #22490
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarmi View Post
Hey Trophy1200, can you please explain what you mean? I am not sure that I understand
Look at the red word.

2015 Thor Windsport 34F = empty pockets
2010 Kia Soul
REME veteran
Trophy1200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2023, 12:07 AM   #6

Model: Four Winds 22E
State: California
THOR #27561
I found this post on repairing grey water tanks from another forum. https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=46947

I think that I would replace the tank myself. A new tank shouldn't be more than a few hundred dollars. If you do replace it then change the discharge arrangement to prevent the problem from recurring.
Old 12-08-2023, 01:00 AM   #7

Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
If you can access the area try a fiberglass repair. Buy a fiberglass kit from a parts store. Get some fiberglass mat or window screen material and cut it into strips. Mix the fiberglass solution and coat the strips with the solution with gloves wrap the broken area with the strips then with a chip brush coat the area above and below the repair to bond everything together. Look for a U Tube video about auto repair with fiberglass that may help with I am suggesting. Good luck!