Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-06-2018, 11:40 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
24F Winterizing/Water Pump Location

Looking forward to winterizing our Four Winds 24F for the first time, but I need to know where the water pump is......so I can see if in fact there is a winterizing bypass valve or if I have to install one. Can someone help me out with the water pump location?
TIA
Stu Stoner

Old 10-06-2018, 11:56 AM   #2
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Turn the pump on and while its pumping listen for it. Keep in mind it may be behind a panel you have to remove. Look for panels held on with screws (screws=removable), not staples.

Looking at your floorplan I'd guess its either in the kitchen area (try removing a drawer or two) or under the tub. You never know, however, Thor could have decided to put it under your bed--even though that is in a slide.

Your water heater is at the front of the slide it could be there--at least the bypass valves will be there. Yeah lift up the seat on the front dinette and look under there.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2018, 01:25 PM   #3

Model: Four Winds 24F
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #13098
Thanks! I did find the water pump...there is a long cabinet door below and on the right side of the sink....open that door and there is a removable panel at the base...remove that and the water pump is there.....it already has a shut off valve to the fresh water tank and a fitting that can be used to suck anti-freeze and pump thru the system.