Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2020, 01:38 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 40ex
State: Ohio
THOR #12726
Service time

So after my trip to Florida I decided it was time for some service, since the rear bathroom had a horrible smell I found the sewage line from the rear toilet was cracked,I must have not got enough antifreeze in the line, and of course that line is in a wall behind the toilet and runs through a shelf along the floor to the vanity,got that fixed today was a 2 day job,found the generator exhaust hangers broke and replaced them,now the big question the engine a/c quit working so I recovered the system and only got 10 oz out of 2.5 lbs I took a uv light from the compressor in the rear all the way to the condensor and evap could not find any oil leakage or dye anywhere so I pulled down a vacuum and put 1 oz of uv dye and recharged it to 2.5lbs works again was 63 degree in building and 40 at the vent, so has anyone have ideas where or how to find the leak?

Old 08-01-2021, 03:17 PM   #2

State: South Carolina
THOR #11750
Odor behind bathroom vanity

Hello: We have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 34 F. We have a very bad odor coming from behind the bathroom vanity ... similar to your problem. Can you tell us how we find out exactly what is BEHIND the vanity? Is there any place we can get schematics of our RV? Many thanks!
Old 08-01-2021, 03:32 PM   #3

Model: Hurricane 31S
State: Texas
THOR #6411
Quote:
Originally Posted by simidrm View Post
So after my trip to Florida I decided it was time for some service, since the rear bathroom had a horrible smell I found the sewage line from the rear toilet was cracked,I must have not got enough antifreeze in the line, and of course that line is in a wall behind the toilet and runs through a shelf along the floor to the vanity,got that fixed today was a 2 day job,found the generator exhaust hangers broke and replaced them,now the big question the engine a/c quit working so I recovered the system and only got 10 oz out of 2.5 lbs I took a uv light from the compressor in the rear all the way to the condensor and evap could not find any oil leakage or dye anywhere so I pulled down a vacuum and put 1 oz of uv dye and recharged it to 2.5lbs works again was 63 degree in building and 40 at the vent, so has anyone have ideas where or how to find the leak?
The last time I spent a couple weeks (off and on) trying to find a slow leak, it was on the plug on the top receiver/dryer. I finally found it with a sniffer and the UV die did not show the leak as it was in a low pressure part of the system.
Beau388 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #4
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiabyrd View Post
Hello: We have a 2014 Thor Hurricane 34 F. We have a very bad odor coming from behind the bathroom vanity ... similar to your problem. Can you tell us how we find out exactly what is BEHIND the vanity? Is there any place we can get schematics of our RV? Many thanks!
Owners resource center on the Thor website. If the schematics are not there contact Thor and ask for them.
Old 08-01-2021, 07:03 PM   #5

Model: Freedom Traveler 30 A
State: Texas
THOR #21497
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Owners resource center on the Thor website. If the schematics are not there contact Thor and ask for them.
The flush line for the black water tank runs behind the vanity in my freedom traveler. Have you ever used your flush line for black water rinsing? Something may have backed up. You also may have something in your vanity drain line. You can try a septic tank safe drain cleaner to see if that helps.
Old 08-02-2021, 01:03 PM   #6

State: South Carolina
THOR #11750
Thanks so much! We'll look there. Best, Georgia & Joe Byrd