Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 06-21-2021, 11:54 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: Newfoundland
THOR #21119
33X Large slide does not seal in the middle when retracted

Hi Guys,
I have a 2019 Hurricane 33x and when retracted the large slide does not seal in the middle. Is there any way I can adjust this or are there only two motors, one on each end.

John H
Hurricane 33x
NL, Canada

Old 06-22-2021, 02:54 AM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurricanejohn View Post
Hi Guys,
I have a 2019 Hurricane 33x and when retracted the large slide does not seal in the middle. Is there any way I can adjust this or are there only two motors, one on each end.

John H
Hurricane 33x
NL, Canada
Two motors is it. Might have a good look at the seals. Is this a full wall slide?
Old 06-22-2021, 06:03 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Welcome to the forum Newfoundland......does the slide actually seal at the top or bottom, in the middle of the slide, or is it not sealing in both places? I would hope a 2019 would have seals that were still in good condition but you never know. I would also inspect the roof of the slide to make sure no tree branch or other debris was pulled up against the outside wall of the coach and is jamming the middle area from coming in fully. Less likely is that you can also have small items roll under slides on the interior that may result in a jam, but I would expect the next time the slide goes out any floor damage from that kind of jam, might become apparent. If the seals are in good condition and in place, you could try measuring the distance from coach wall to extended slide outer wall at both ends and the middle; top and bottom, to see if all are the same distance. This would confirm the slide itself is not warped or damaged somehow and the slide mechanism is aligned at the ends at least.

PS: it must cost a few bucks to get your coach to/from the mainland I assume?
Old 06-22-2021, 08:09 PM   #4

THOR #21119
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
Two motors is it. Might have a good look at the seals. Is this a full wall slide?
It is a full wall slide, seals are all good, first night in the motorhome was this year, purchased late last year then straight to inside storage.
Old 06-22-2021, 08:16 PM   #5

THOR #21119
Thanks for the suggestion, the slide just seems to be bowed on the bottom and appears to seal everywhere else. As you mentioned the dealer is a 1500 km drive and a 6 hour ferry ride away. This is my first MH but have had everything from a 18ft TT to a 43ft toy Hauler and have learned to deal with most issues but looking on this forum for help because although this is my first post I regularly read new threads.
Old 06-23-2021, 12:55 AM   #6

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
That is a nasty long trip for any Dealer service/repair. So the slide front edge bottom seems bowed out when the slide is in; what about when the slide is fully extended? Are the slide bottom edge measurements all the same (ends match center) when it is extended (no middle bow out)? Maybe the middle slide rollers underneath (or some other jam) are causing center binding issues when the slide is brought in. "If" you can access below the slide space for inspection (via storage spaces in the slide or other means), you might find the cause.
Old 06-23-2021, 11:42 AM   #7

THOR #21119
Thanks, I will take some measurements when I extend the slide again and if square I will investigate further by checking out the middle slide rollers. Will update when checked.
Old 05-02-2023, 02:15 AM   #8

Model: 31' Chateau
State: Oregon
THOR #24859
Our 2021 Thor Chateau 31WV, one full slide also seems to be 'bowed' at the bottom. First and last about 3' is good and tight. I can get my hand in between the rest and yes, have water coming in when on wet roads. We ordered a secondary seal to attach just above the seal now, or might attach (heavy sticky) to the rv on the upper side of the lower trim. I have a seal coming and will try it. Have nothing else I can think of! Anyone out there have/had this?!?!
Old 05-03-2023, 08:24 PM   #9

THOR #21119
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJHolcomb View Post
Our 2021 Thor Chateau 31WV, one full slide also seems to be 'bowed' at the bottom. First and last about 3' is good and tight. I can get my hand in between the rest and yes, have water coming in when on wet roads. We ordered a secondary seal to attach just above the seal now, or might attach (heavy sticky) to the rv on the upper side of the lower trim. I have a seal coming and will try it. Have nothing else I can think of! Anyone out there have/had this?!?!
I installed a D seal the full length underneath and that took care of the space between the slide and the RV wall when retracted. I never did have issues with water when driving in the rain, and we do get rain....
Old 05-03-2023, 09:33 PM   #10

Model: 31' Chateau
State: Oregon
THOR #24859
Thank you Hurricanejohn for confirming my suspicions and thoughts to fix it. I ordered a D seal and delivery updates indicates should be here by tomorrow. Looking forward to putting it in this weekend! Do hope this is all I'll need to do. Nothing worse than dealing with leaks!