Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 04-27-2023, 08:08 AM   #1
CHS

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: 2019 Chateau 28Z
State: Tennessee
THOR #22388
Bedroom TV removal

Before I'm told I should have searched for the answer. I googled it and found no satisfactory answers.

I would like to find out how to remove the TV in the recessed section in the bedroom. I pulled outward, and upward, and tried to reach behind to find a string to pull, I pulled on the bottom and tried to reach up and feel around for something and found NOTHING. I did read somewhere that you may have to use a long screwdriver and find the screws that hold it in place. I find that hard to believe that they would make a bracket like that.

Old 04-27-2023, 01:28 PM   #2
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
For the benefit of those using mobile it would be nice to know what you are trying to remove the TV from. Things like year, make and floor plan might help. Without that we don’t have a clue on any recommendations.
Old 04-27-2023, 01:46 PM   #3
CHS

THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by EA37TS View Post
For the benefit of those using mobile it would be nice to know what you are trying to remove the TV from. Things like year, make and floor plan might help. Without that we don’t have a clue on any recommendations.
I don't see why. If you need to be on the site that much on your phone then you should know that all you have to do is go to the very bottom and click on (VIEW FULL SITE) and it is like being on a computer. A lot easier than requiring EVERYONE to list AGAIN what they own. That's why we have a signature in the first place.

So please just maybe let others just answer my question.
Old 04-27-2023, 02:24 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: SOB
State: Florida
THOR #27719
Quote:
Originally Posted by CHS View Post
Before I'm told I should have searched for the answer. I googled it and found no satisfactory answers.

I would like to find out how to remove the TV in the recessed section in the bedroom. I pulled outward, and upward, and tried to reach behind to find a string to pull, I pulled on the bottom and tried to reach up and feel around for something and found NOTHING. I did read somewhere that you may have to use a long screwdriver and find the screws that hold it in place. I find that hard to believe that they would make a bracket like that.
Start believing - very common bedroom bracket

Old 04-27-2023, 02:25 PM   #5

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
They installed the bedroom tv in my 24.1 and then put up the drivers side wall. The mount requires me to cut it into parts with a sawzall. My mount requires a 10 inch long round bar be slid to the drivers side(it goes through holes in the mount to secure the tv), with only 5 inches of space to do it.

Or
Face it,squarely.

Slide the back of your fingers against the wall and between the tv side of the mount and the wall side using the width of the mount as a guide.

Curl your fingers.

There are two impossible to see little levers you'll likely activate when they're pushed TOWARD YOU. You'll feel the movement.

Pull the bottom forward an inch, then lift the tv off of the top rail of the mount.

This is how my other tv mount works(from memory). (This took a while to figure out. I have pics and a thread somewhere on this forum in case I'm remembering,remembering wrong)

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:05 PM   #6

Model: 2018 24.1 AXISSIXxSIX
State: Arizona
THOR #13932
The partial site thing popping up is very awful.
I have to assume it's legacy stuff for non-smart phones.

If the site defaulted to
Full site
Instead of
Wonky

It would serve 99.9% of us first Instead of .01% of us first.

Click on my pictures then click the pop-up for a full screen zoomable picture.
ducksface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 03:34 PM   #7
CHS

THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by ducksface View Post
They installed the bedroom tv in my 24.1 and then put up the drivers side wall. The mount requires me to cut it into parts with a sawzall. My mount requires a 10 inch long round bar be slid to the drivers side(it goes through holes in the mount to secure the tv), with only 5 inches of space to do it.

Or
Face it,squarely.

Slide the back of your fingers against the wall and between the tv side of the mount and the wall side using the width of the mount as a guide.

Curl your fingers.

There are two impossible to see little levers you'll likely activate when they're pushed TOWARD YOU. You'll feel the movement.

Pull the bottom forward an inch, then lift the tv off of the top rail of the mount.

This is how my other tv mount works(from memory). (This took a while to figure out. I have pics and a thread somewhere on this forum in case I'm remembering,remembering wrong)
I just tried that. I think I'm going to have to make some sort of lever to pull tv out while trying to get my hands up behind it. Or get my 2 year old grand child to reach up in there. My hands only get maybe half way up. I'll keep trying though. Thanks!!!!
Old 04-27-2023, 04:03 PM   #8

THOR #27719
Quote:
I just tried that. I think I'm going to have to make some sort of lever to pull tv out while trying to get my hands up behind it. Or get my 2 year old grand child to reach up in there. My hands only get maybe half way up. I'll keep trying though. Thanks!!!!
Get a mirror and a flashlight to SEE what you are up against instead of following peoples' guesses.
Old 04-27-2023, 05:18 PM   #9

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geterdun View Post
Get a mirror and a flashlight to SEE what you are up against instead of following peoples' guesses.
Or, you could get on of these from Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07PBF6DX5...spv_ons_d_asin

If you order now, you might have it in your hands tomorrow.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	endoscope.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	41708  

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 07:14 PM   #10
CHS

THOR #22388
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geterdun View Post
Thanks! Never thought of that. Will do.

Note: I noticed that one of the replies are mysteriously missing.
Old 04-27-2023, 07:48 PM   #11

Model: ACE 30.3
State: Iowa
THOR #28145
Quote:
Thanks! Never thought of that. Will do.

Note: I noticed that one of the replies are mysteriously missing.
Do you have anyone blocked?

Former 1996 28' Tiffin Allegro owner
Dan-sr@perra-us.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2023, 11:34 PM   #12

THOR #27719
Quote:
I don't see why. If you need to be on the site that much on your phone then you should know that all you have to do is go to the very bottom and click on (VIEW FULL SITE) and it is like being on a computer. A lot easier than requiring EVERYONE to list AGAIN what they own. That's why we have a signature in the first place.

So please just maybe let others just answer my question.
It's not really his fault this site is using outdated software; and "View Full Site" is one solution. But if he uses the Forum APP all he has to do is click on the poster's name to see both his signature and his other information which may include the make, year and model of RV the poster has.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CHS.png
Views:	23
Size:	77.6 KB
ID:	41725  
Old 04-27-2023, 11:56 PM   #13

Model: vegas 24.1
State: Nevada
THOR #17346
a long time ago i made a list of 5 tools every person needs, beyond the toolbox full of tools everyone has.
1) battery charger
2) reciprocating saw
3) multimeter
4) big hammer
5) your favorite here

my big hammer would do well in this case. lay down a towel to collect the debris.
Old 04-28-2023, 01:52 AM   #14

Model: Chateau 24F
State: Ohio
THOR #16721
Quote:
Originally Posted by galOnTheGo View Post
a long time ago i made a list of 5 tools every person needs, beyond the toolbox full of tools everyone has.
1) battery charger
2) reciprocating saw
3) multimeter
4) big hammer
5) your favorite here

my big hammer would do well in this case. lay down a towel to collect the debris.
I think you're on to something there...

The "non-family friendly" version we always used was "When no other tool works... hand me my BFH".
Old 05-03-2023, 11:25 PM   #15

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I just unscrewed the bracket from the recessed wall. Left the tv mounted to the bracket. Small stubby screwdriver worked for me