Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-09-2020, 06:34 PM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
No need to add down spots to the gutters

https://www.amazon.com/Wadoy-Univers...662635&sr=8-13
My bad! I need to proof read. You DO need to add down spots to the gutters.

Old 09-09-2020, 06:37 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Outlaw 38MB
THOR #18099
Don't mess up my paint!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKV View Post
Any easy mods to direct/divert AC run off from the coach? Seems it goes anywhere mostly based on final leveling. Just wondering if anyone has been successful at controlling that right off in someway.
Now that you brought it up, my condensation always obediently runs off one of the two front corners, which are directly over the driver and passenger windows. Additionally, my Outlaw is the high gloss black and blue color. This run off leaves a mineral deposit on the paint and on the outside of the windows. As I try to keep the thing nicely shined up, this "water mark" is the worst looking part of the coach. And of course, these areas are so high that a ladder is required to clean it! I guess I'm not looking for any miracle cure, but just a bitching point for me. Thanks for letting me vent!
Old 09-09-2020, 06:44 PM   #23
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
How about toting along a small pressure washer?
You've got water and electricity at almost any campsite you choose...
Old 09-09-2020, 07:26 PM   #24

Model: Outlaw 38MB
THOR #18099
And the kitchen sink?

Oh perfect, Bob! That would be just about the only thing that I don't have stowed somewhere in the cabinets!
Old 09-09-2020, 07:34 PM   #25
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
Leave the outboard trolling motor home...
Old 09-09-2020, 11:15 PM   #26
KKV

State: Texas
THOR #20141
Quote:
Originally Posted by JONJON View Post
Now that you brought it up, my condensation always obediently runs off one of the two front corners, which are directly over the driver and passenger windows. Additionally, my Outlaw is the high gloss black and blue color. This run off leaves a mineral deposit on the paint and on the outside of the windows. As I try to keep the thing nicely shined up, this "water mark" is the worst looking part of the coach. And of course, these areas are so high that a ladder is required to clean it! I guess I'm not looking for any miracle cure, but just a bitching point for me. Thanks for letting me vent!

EXACTLY! I can’t get clarity on this other than “tilt the coach”.
Old 09-10-2020, 12:11 AM   #27

THOR #15553
Quote:
6" pool noodle extentions.
Old 09-10-2020, 01:53 PM   #28

Model: Hurricane 31S
THOR #6411
Quote:
If the condensate bothers you, why not pump it to where it doesn't run down the side. The easiest is to route it down the vent stacks for the tanks. The retrofit pumps are about $100 or you can buy an new A/C with a pump installed.
Beau388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 01:59 PM   #29
KKV

THOR #20141
Had no idea such a pump exists. Any intel on install or where to find? Sounds an ideal solution for both AC units.
Old 09-10-2020, 02:13 PM   #30

THOR #6411
Quote:
Had no idea such a pump exists. Any intel on install or where to find? Sounds an ideal solution for both AC units.
Amazon.com Look for "Coleman A/C condensation pump"
Old 09-10-2020, 02:55 PM   #31
KKV

THOR #20141
Thanks. It is likely my 2017 Coleman’s have these pumps installed, yes? Perhaps more an issue of draining to tank vents as you suggest?
Old 09-10-2020, 03:47 PM   #32

THOR #6411
Quote:
Thanks. It is likely my 2017 Coleman’s have these pumps installed, yes? Perhaps more an issue of draining to tank vents as you suggest?
As far as I know Thor MC only uses A/Cs with condensation pumps on the Venetian and Tuscany models. They all use the Mach 8 heat pumps. All Entegra REDs have Mach 8 heat pumps with condensate pumps. Thor MC and JayCo usually uses the Mach 3 or Mach 15 on the gasoline coaches. The price difference is about $600 between a Mach 3 and a Mach 8 heat pump
Old 09-10-2020, 05:39 PM   #33

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #16368
Thinking of running a dicor bead to divert the condensation to where I want it and then put on the "spouts" on the four corners. Has anyone had success with this? If so, photos, please? We have two A/C units and would do for each of them. The condensation runoff drives me crazy, especially the mineral stains as a result from run off at various places all around my coach.
Old 09-10-2020, 07:36 PM   #34

Model: Miramar 35.2
State: Georgia
THOR #18370
Okay... This is Wierd!
I purchased a 2018 Thor Miramar and noticed right away, while in humid Florida, that the condensation was ALWAYS dripping down the roof right where the entry door was. I asked my favorite Mobile RV Tech about what to do and he said, "Well... you have NO gutters to catch the water and divert it!" Huh? So I checked with another owner of a Thor and he said he didn't have any as well! So, I spent the BUCKS and had gutters installed! Problem solved... and I don't have to think about tipping my RV some direction to get the water to drain where I want it to!
Old 09-10-2020, 08:11 PM   #35

THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richie Rich View Post
Okay... This is Wierd!
I purchased a 2018 Thor Miramar and noticed right away, while in humid Florida, that the condensation was ALWAYS dripping down the roof right where the entry door was. I asked my favorite Mobile RV Tech about what to do and he said, "Well... you have NO gutters to catch the water and divert it!" Huh? So I checked with another owner of a Thor and he said he didn't have any as well! So, I spent the BUCKS and had gutters installed! Problem solved... and I don't have to think about tipping my RV some direction to get the water to drain where I want it to!
I have not seen an RV without gutters.
Old 09-10-2020, 08:15 PM   #36
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Just need to look up at any Thor MH. All my previous RVs had gutters but apparently Thor doesn't believe in them.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 08:38 PM   #37

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Previous drip-rail/gutter discussion:

https://www.thorforums.com/vegas-axis-drip-rail
Old 09-10-2020, 08:45 PM   #38

Model: '17-Vegas 24.1
State: California
THOR #13362
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
The awning cover has a rain gutter built right in. The end spouts just drop the wetness away from the sides of the RV. It's a Carefree awning.
Prior to installing the drip-rails I noticed that my awning was leaking a bit where it joins at the coach. Only when "retracted".
The water would find a way to accumulate at the connect point and seep under.
Hence, water was dripping in areas along the side-wall.

Now, since the drip rail is installed, the water goes to the end.

I have thought about adding down-spouts on each of the 4 ends.
Just use Sikaflex adhesive to attach the spout to the drip rail, and it'll guide the water to the spout accordingly so that it'll actually flow away from the wall completely.

Amazon - Gutter Spouts
Old 09-10-2020, 08:50 PM   #39

Model: Magnitude SV34
THOR #16368
Quote:
Have you ever seen a Thor? Jayco, who is owned by Thor, provides their entry level customers w gutters, but have discovered Thor does not. ��
Old 09-11-2020, 12:31 AM   #40

Model: Forest River Forester 235
State: Indiana
THOR #6826
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pandamonium View Post
Have you ever seen a Thor? Jayco, who is owned by Thor, provides their entry level customers w gutters, but have discovered Thor does not. ��

My Newmar did not have gutters.