Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-04-2022, 05:32 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: ACE 30.2
State: California
THOR #27317
AC dash Fan Speed issue

Hello Everyone,

I have a 2015 Ace 30.2 and the highest fan speed on AC dash is not working. Low & mid speed are ok. But the highest isnt. Anyone had this issue before? Remedies?

Thanks

Old 09-04-2022, 11:28 AM   #2

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
I don’t have that problem but a company named ProAir does the AC unfit for Thor. You might see if you can look up a customer service number online.
Old 09-04-2022, 11:30 AM   #3

Model: Freedom Traveller A27
State: North Carolina
THOR #17765
https://www.proairllc.com/contact/
Old 09-04-2022, 01:40 PM   #4

Model: 2011 FW Hurricane 33T
State: England
THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmav_coach View Post
Hello Everyone,

I have a 2015 Ace 30.2 and the highest fan speed on AC dash is not working. Low & mid speed are ok. But the highest isnt. Anyone had this issue before? Remedies?

Thanks
On Ford there is typically a blower motor resistor pack that limits the current for lower speeds, but if yours is not working on High, then the resistors are 'out of the circuit'. So i would guess it is the speed switch on the dash (or associated wiring), as High will by-pass the resistors.

It is so hard to find schematics online, but most blower motor circuits are similar.
Here is a 1999 Super Duty one:

Old 09-05-2022, 02:21 AM   #5

THOR #27317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimbo56 View Post
Thank you for the info.
Old 09-05-2022, 02:26 AM   #6

THOR #27317
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
On Ford there is typically a blower motor resistor pack that limits the current for lower speeds, but if yours is not working on High, then the resistors are 'out of the circuit'. So i would guess it is the speed switch on the dash (or associated wiring), as High will by-pass the resistors.

It is so hard to find schematics online, but most blower motor circuits are similar.
Here is a 1999 Super Duty one:

Thank you for the info, this diagram is very useful. I will double check the wiring and connections. I thought of the resistors too, but like you said, the high speed should still be working if the resistor is the issue. I'll try my luck fixing it this evening and will provide update for everyone's future reference.
Old 09-05-2022, 04:10 AM   #7

THOR #16471
Question Another thought

So I am looking over the diagram again and I see in this instance if the High contact was "open" (non-functioning) then the blower motor should still run on Lo as that is exactly what the Low position is... Open circuited (all resistors and fuse in the circuit)
So on High, is the blower in fact running as Low or nothing at all?
Old 09-05-2022, 09:40 PM   #8

THOR #27317
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldWEB View Post
So I am looking over the diagram again and I see in this instance if the High contact was "open" (non-functioning) then the blower motor should still run on Lo as that is exactly what the Low position is... Open circuited (all resistors and fuse in the circuit)
So on High, is the blower in fact running as Low or nothing at all?
You're right -- on high, the blower is running low air.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:21 AM   #9

THOR #16471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Savmav_coach View Post
You're right -- on high, the blower is running low air.
So, I would then suspect the contact #1 in the blower motor switch or the wiring (possibly orange wire/black strip) to it from point S152 in the diagram or a overheated connection. The rest of the circuits then appear to be working... pull out the multimeter.
Old 09-11-2022, 12:15 AM   #10

Model: 25.4
THOR #7440
I bought the digital service manual for my 2017 Thor Axis, it has all the wiring diagrams and they were not what I was expecting but wile going through all the pages of the manual I did see something that caught my eye and not sure if its just for the state of California but it said that Ford had to warranty the engine for anything smog related for 15 years or 150K miles, that would be any thing in the fuel or exhaust system and anything electrical that controlled the engine
Old 09-11-2022, 12:44 AM   #11
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by BASSMAN View Post
I bought the digital service manual for my 2017 Thor Axis, it has all the wiring diagrams and they were not what I was expecting but wile going through all the pages of the manual I did see something that caught my eye and not sure if its just for the state of California but it said that Ford had to warranty the engine for anything smog related for 15 years or 150K miles, that would be any thing in the fuel or exhaust system and anything electrical that controlled the engine
Where did you buy this "manual"?
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2022, 12:51 AM   #12

Model: 25.4
THOR #7440
I did a google search and its the Ford manual, not sold by Ford but a private business, I recall it was around $150.00 an it was like 1200 pages or more, I still have it in one of my down load files and if I can see who I bought it from I will post it, my fan motor for the dash heater quit an I tested everything and was not getting power to the dash controls, turns out under the drivers side dash panel was a multi pin plug that had disconnected itself,
Old 09-11-2022, 11:59 AM   #13

Model: Sprinter four winds
State: Georgia
THOR #14780
Try to locate/identify the blower control module, it controls your fan speeds.
Old 09-11-2022, 06:22 PM   #14

Model: ACE 29.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #17583
On my 2018 ACE the connector to check for power is right in front of the pax seating you can see it from the floor. In the blower housing. You could check the voltage at the plug with a volt or multimeter If you have power there from the 3 input wires (12 volts) to the black depending on the switch setting, then the switch should be OK. If not check the switch or a bad wire connection. If you have the power then check the resistors by removing the 2 screws. Pretty easy job this time

Tags
#acfanblowerhighestspeed