Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-21-2015, 02:48 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #1637
Thor Vegas wiper travels too far.

On my 2015 Vegas 24.1 the driver side wiper swings too far to the left, as viewed from my seat, and stricks the left windshield pillar very hard. How to adjust the travel?

Old 08-29-2015, 09:55 PM   #2

Model: ACE 30.1
State: Oregon
THOR #2766
Thor Vegas wiper travels too far.

I would be interested in a response to this too. However, my problem is the driver side does not go far enough. It only clears about half of my viewing area so I need it to go further.
Old 08-29-2015, 10:44 PM   #3

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
Hey, I agree with our new member, the wiper on the driver side would be better if it went just a little farther. They seem to align properly when turned off, but need a longer stroke. Haven't taken this to warranty yet. Anybody have ideas?
Old 08-29-2015, 10:50 PM   #4
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
I think there is a set screw you can loosen to adjust the wiper position--mine also goes too far and smacks the side of the window frame.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2015, 11:20 PM   #5

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Washington
THOR #2123
The bottom portion has a little "door" that rotates away from the assembly. Inside is a nut of a bolt holding the wiper in place. Remone the nut, loosen the assembly and reposition, put the nut back on and test. Might need one or two adjustments. Easily done.
Old 08-29-2015, 11:46 PM   #6

THOR #2766
Thor Vegas wiper travels too far

Thank you for the advice. I will see if I am able to adjust it myself. 100 plus miles to the nearest Thor dealer so don't want to use the warranty card unless I really have to.
Old 11-12-2015, 12:05 AM   #7

State: Maryland
THOR #1961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Sunshine View Post
Hey, I agree with our new member, the wiper on the driver side would be better if it went just a little farther. They seem to align properly when turned off, but need a longer stroke. Haven't taken this to warranty yet. Anybody have ideas?
I just had a big argument with the Service Manager at the dealership about the limited travel of the windshield wipers. They do not go far enough, and it is very difficult to see out of the left and right sides of the windshield. The top tip of the blade stopped about 10" from the pilers. They made some adjustments, but I am not sure all is well. Unsafe at best!
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 AM   #8

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
All, having just driven in the rain for the first time this past weekend the travel left and right of the blade was fine but (now for the novice question) is there only one speed on the durn thing?

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:04 AM   #9
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocMike
is there only one speed on the durn thing?
No, you flip the switch up or down to increase or decrease the speed. The slowest setting is pretty slow.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 03:45 AM   #10

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
THOR #1589
If I remember correctly, there are two constant speeds and three or four intermittent speeds on the control on the dash in our Vegas 25.2. The control on the steering column does nothing.
BTW, apply a product like RainX, and you'll find you don't need the wipers nearly as much, and the blades glide easier over the glass.
Old 11-12-2015, 11:11 AM   #11

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Thanks, glad there is more than just slow!

I have RainX, just need a few dry hours on a day off to apply.

Thanks again.

Doc

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 02:24 PM   #12

THOR #1961
Has RainX gotten better? In the earlier years I tried it, and the material pitted after a time, making it almost harder to see through than the raindrops.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:44 PM   #13

State: Alabama
THOR #1478
My wiper blade on the passenger side travels about four inches past the windshield. I wonder if the dealer or Ford would make the adjustment under warranty.
Old 11-12-2015, 02:48 PM   #14

THOR #1961
I fought with the dealer and they eventually adjusted the arms. It has not been fun.
Old 11-12-2015, 07:01 PM   #15

THOR #1249
Quote:
Originally Posted by SailingVehicle View Post
Has RainX gotten better? In the earlier years I tried it, and the material pitted after a time, making it almost harder to see through than the raindrops.
RainX has gotten much better over the years, but does not seem to last very long for the effort of cleaning and application.
From some of the various reviews and auto forums etc. the best alternative is Aquapel. It is much more expensive and somewhat easier to apply and is said to last a lot longer. Would be interesting to hear from someone on the forum first hand, their experience with Aquapel. If it last longer and gives better results, I would be more than willing to go the extra $$.
Old 11-17-2015, 01:16 AM   #16

THOR #2766
Took my rig in for some service warranty work and asked for the wipers to be adjusted. Service agent told me they were set by the factory and they could not make any adjustments under the warranty. I pointed out the water marks on the windshield and he agreed the driver side didn't go far enough, but said if I wanted them adjusted I would have to pay to have it done $39. I told him fine, and make the adjustment. When they finished the wipers rested higher, made no significant difference on the driver side and on the passenger side the wiper clicked as it hit the edge of the windshield. I tried adjusting them myself later on but couldn't get what I wanted without the wipers colliding into each other going up or down. I am back to the way they were originally. The other week we drove down the coast and there was heavy rain all the way (imagine that on the north Oregon coast). I can see straight ahead fine, but it is when the road starts to curve to the left and my eyes track the road, I have problems seeing past the unclear windshield. I am going to give it another shot at adjusting it myself this weekend. Not sure what else can be done at this point.

Tags
vegas 24.1, vegas wiper adjustment ?, vegas wiper travel