Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 07-22-2016, 10:58 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 25.1
State: New Jersey
THOR #4589
2016 Axis 25.1 - First Time Oil Change

Does anyone know what is the best synthetic oil to use and what type of filter for both an Engine oil change and a Generator oil change. Along with any suggestions as to where I can go and buy these items?? I have just about 3000 miles on my Axis and about 108 hours on my generator and I'm leaving for Seattle next week. I called the dealership that I purchased this from (I've only had it 1 month) and they cannot get me in for the service until mid-end of August. I do not want to wait until I return from my trip to have it serviced and decided to do it myself. I've done oil changes on my cars over the years, but never anything like this. It appears the concept is the same.. remove the plug, drain the oil, replace the plug, replace the filter, add new oil.. viola! But reading the owners manual it talks about the different types of oil and I can't find a specific filter part number... HELP!!!

Old 07-24-2016, 12:49 PM   #2

Model: 2016 hurricane 31s
State: Florida
THOR #3836
oil change 2015 axis 25.2 v-10

I just changed my oil last week on the engine and generator. I used Mobil one 5-20 full synthetic oil for the v-10 engine and Castrol 30 weight for the generator. the engine filter number is motor craft fl820s. they are both very easy to do, the fill tube on the engine is a little short and is behind the vent tubes on the passenger side. the generator has a plate with two screws on the bottom of the unit, take them out and the drain plug is inside.
Old 07-25-2016, 12:15 AM   #3

State: Michigan
THOR #549
I use Mobil 1 5w20 for V10 (need 16 mm socket) & used 30 weight for first change on generator, thereafter, Mobil 1 10w30. BTW, you need a torx t-30 to remove the access plate screws & 9/16" socket for the drain plug. If you don't tell anyone, I actually evacuate the oil from the generator crankcase through the dip stick hole like I do with my inboard boat motors.