Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 12-09-2016, 01:05 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Ace 30.2
State: Washington
THOR #5063
Ace step and tv

Kind of a strange question but has anyone noticed there auto step takes multiple times to be all the way out? Also I have had the mh plugged in with a radiator style heater to keep the chill out. I opened the door and noticed the tv was on. It wasn't on when I left the motorhome and no one else has been in there. It did turn off on us one time when we were camping and took awhile before you could turn it back on. Anyone know what could cause this? Thanks

Old 12-09-2016, 03:15 AM   #2

Model: Windsport 34P
State: California
THOR #5941
Ghosts!

Seriously though, it sounds like your step might need an adjustment. My auto step goes in and out without issue.
Old 12-09-2016, 11:50 AM   #3
Site Team

Brand: Entegra
Model: Accolade 37TS
State: South Dakota
THOR #1469
First

Call Thor and ask if there is a recall on your step. Some model steps were recalled last year due to issues with bolts and gears.

Second

Check the various menu options on your television and make sure the automatic timer is not set to turn the television on at a certain time. This may not be an option on your model TV but it is a place to start looking.
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk (Toad)
FMCA - F432054
EA37TS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 12:18 PM   #4

State: Georgia
THOR #4735
as for the TV - sometimes other devices or appliances can interfere with it's 'remote' codes, with audible beeps or sounds, causing the tv to turn on or off.

I have several temperature controlled heaters in my coach right now, and I hear when they come on, with an audible 'beep'. In my house next door, when I turn on my electric 'fireplace', the audible beep turns on the TV nearby...
TurnerFam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 01:27 PM   #5

THOR #5063
The timer on the tv would make sense but when it shuts off there is no power at any of the tvs.(bunk beds,living room,and back bedroom). After awhile the power will come back on. Haven't timed it yet to see if it's consistent but it has happened a few times. Never has it came on by itself so I'm kind of confused. I'm going to call Thor today and find out about the step recall. Thanks for all your input.
Old 12-09-2016, 02:31 PM   #6
Axis/Vegas Enthusiast

Model: Axis 24.4
State: Michigan
THOR #1150
"Audible beeps" cannot turn on/off any new TVs as all their remotes use either infrared or RF signalling.

It *is* possible, however, that the cheaper TVs get turned on/off from RF interference from some of the cheaper components installed in RVs.
JamieGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2016, 03:37 PM   #7

THOR #5063
Just called Thor on the step recall and it only applies to the 2 and 3 step models not the single. They are very helpful. I asked about my tv issue and they are just as confused as I am.