Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 09-07-2020, 12:06 AM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: M29 Windsport
State: California
THOR #17124
I have fixed the problem
In my coach. I hired the electrician from a closed RV shop here in Torrance Ca. We found that there is a delay circuit on my battery relay that delays the power to the fuse panel momentarily until full power is up then closes the battery relay. This delay is driving my slide controllers nuts. Lippert suggested we wire 12 volts directly to the controller and bypassing the delay circuit and now the hall sensor short does not come on. So we disconnected the one wire From the fuse panel that controls both wall slide and bed and wired in a relay bypassing the delay circuit allowing both controllers to see direct, fused 12 volts. Now when I turn on my battery switch no more hall sensor short and the slides work excellent. I know there will be questions about grounds. During this ordeal I did find loose grounds that since removing the wires cleaning and reinstalling have caused my generator to start better but didn’t help the Hall effect power short. Lippert had me run a ground directly to the battery and then made different grounds to see if I had a ground issue. Why the excessive momentary drop in voltage is unclear except maybe change the delay circuit board that is attached to the main battery relay under the bed. Anyway this has been a real PITA. Thor was no help. Lippert was great.

Old 09-07-2020, 12:19 AM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: M29 Windsport
State: California
THOR #17124
Quote:
Originally Posted by natemoore View Post
Beau, that manual is better than the one I've already downloaded and read, but the actual troubleshooting steps are pretty much the same.

However, you did save me from buying the latest -D0 revision on the controller. I don't really want to run new harnesses and run a new 12V wire from the toggle switch over to where the controller is housed on the opposite side. So thanks for saving me from that. I almost bought a -D0 controller on eBay today.

In the absence of a definitive way to test the Hall Effect sensors, and now that some chip on the controller bit the dust, I think I'm going to have to buy two new motors and a new -C2 controller. I wouldn't want to risk damaging the new controller with a bad motor, hence replacing both.

Bummer.
Please Read my thread below. I hired a RV electrician from a RV shop where the owner retired along with many talks with Lippert and the help from ideas here I found and fixed my RV.