Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-20-2019, 03:54 AM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Gemini 23TR
State: Arizona
THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipebndr View Post
We started having issues with the Trimark lock just like every body else has mentioned here. This is on a 2016 Chateau. Did my research and decided to go with the digital RVLock. https://www.rvlock.com/
The difference is night and day. The door now closes quietly and smoothly. Used to sound like a jail door from a movie. Now it is comparable to a standard house door, operation smooth and love not having to run back in the house to get a key if I need to get in the coach. Punch in the code, dead bolt unlocks and your in. Leaving hold the exterior lock button down and it auto locks. Compared to Trimark this lock appears far superior, time will tell.
Do you happen to know if this will exactly replace the Trimark 060-650?

Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 04:05 AM   #42

State: California
THOR #6701
Class A's
Old 03-20-2019, 04:22 AM   #43

THOR #14425
Send a message via Skype™ to JimSpy
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainsam View Post
Class A's
Yeah, it turns out it WAS a stupid question. I have continually confused Class C and Class B. I have a Gemini; that's a Class B, right? Class C is the separate camper style?

Thor Gemini 23TR
RVing since 2018
JimSpy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 05:12 AM   #44

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
Yeah, it turns out it WAS a stupid question. I have continually confused Class C and Class B. I have a Gemini; that's a Class B, right? Class C is the separate camper style?

There are no stupid questions.

Thats a question I have had. Some places call the Gemini a C and other places a B+. The Gemini is a little lower to the ground and has no over the cab bunk but its as close to a C as it is to a B+. I consider it a RUV Class C.
Old 03-20-2019, 09:29 AM   #45

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Nexus Viper 27V
State: Georgia
THOR #2142
Jim,

Long ago (1990's with our GMC 3500 Coachman Camper RV) I was told if it just looks like a tall van it is a Class B, if it has a bed over the cab of the van it is a B+ and if the coach is fatter than the cab (looking like a truck or Van on the front) then it is a Class C. Not sure now-a-days.

DocMike

DocMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 10:38 AM   #46

Model: A. C. E. 30.1
State: Indiana
THOR #1488
Well we replaced the Trimark with a Bauer with a keypad and it just died. Had it about 2 1/2 years and it quit working so replaced the batteries. Won't take the reset for the code so called customer service. Very nice and patient lady ran me through trouble shooting the lock and decided it was toast. Out of warranty but she offered a big discount on a new one. Or nothing wrong with taking out the batteries and just using the key. That is what I will do, the keypad was nice but keys always work as long as it is not a Trimark. Jim.
Old 03-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #47

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Florida
THOR #5313
One of the benefits of this forum:

After hearing of this issue on our 2016 Vegas, we left one window unlocked whenever possible. It failed one day at track. I was inside and it was easy to pull screws and move plunger from inside. Spent more time looking for spring that was ejected than opening door. Used deadbolt and bungie cord to hold closed on trip home.

I called Trimark and they shipped me steel plunger version in 3 days. Installed easily. No more issue though tomboy wife would have no issue opening from inside if she needed.

I spray assembly with RV Silicone periodically to keep it smooth.
Old 03-28-2019, 02:34 AM   #48

Model: Windsport 34F
State: Louisiana
THOR #2073
Trimark lock got me stuck a second time...

Yep,

It happened at the most inconvenient time. Pulled in my campsite, and then I hear my wife calling... she was locked out the camper. I was confused for a second, but after a few seconds, it hit me...another failure. So I got my 10yo son to crawl thru the passenger window (lucky it was cool outside and had most of the window open) and he was able to disassemble the lock and take a pliers to pull the plunger to open the door. I removed the plunger and used the deadbolt lock and key to keep my door shut.

So I call my dealer and they drop ship me a new one under my extended warranty plan, however, I should have done a little research and learned that Trimark offers a STEEL version. So now, I have another 'time bomb' on my door lock. The last 'replacement' lasted about 2 years, the 'original' lasted about 2 years, so next time, I'll be getting a STEEL plunger version. Until then, I'll be leaving a window open and a screwdriver in one of my inside compartments!

Safe Travels Ya'll!
Montz, Louisiana
The Guidrys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 01:57 PM   #49

Model: 25.2 Axis
THOR #3471
How about a class action suit against Trimark
Old 07-15-2019, 02:56 PM   #50
I Think We're Lost!

Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As soon as the Lawyers get involved: nothing will happen, until a Court says that it has to...
Plus: they'd take a very significant portion of any settlement...

What does it cost to get the "real steel" pieces? It would probably be easier to just replace the easily snapped parts on our own (before it happens!), and keep those parts as a spare.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:02 PM   #51

Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Just over a year old when the door latched broke and jammed. Big Sur, stuck outside in the rain, numerous hard pulls forced it open. I pulled it open and found a cheap piece of broken plastic piece jammed in the lock. Thor kissed it off as out of warranty, call Tri-Mark. Did so, "Tough luck, out of warranty, pay full price for the all steel version. I responded in kind, "Thank you, "Your lock and customer service, Sucks!" I later found out that Thor buys the complete door assembly from another company and they don't want to pay for the upgraded steel lock. The guy at the door company sent me a steel lock. This is a ridiculous problem and will probably have serious consequences someday. I sent a complaint to DOT, but never heard back. Maybe if more folks submitted complaints something might be resolved.

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:07 PM   #52
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
If you call Tri-Mark, and it is still under warranty: do they expect you to ship back the busted pieces?
If not: mine just might break sometime this week, and I'll give them a call...
Old 07-15-2019, 07:12 PM   #53

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by pengoquin View Post
Just over a year old when the door latched broke and jammed. Big Sur, stuck outside in the rain, numerous hard pulls forced it open. I pulled it open and found a cheap piece of broken plastic piece jammed in the lock. Thor kissed it off as out of warranty, call Tri-Mark. Did so, "Tough luck, out of warranty, pay full price for the all steel version. I responded in kind, "Thank you, "Your lock and customer service, Sucks!" I later found out that Thor buys the complete door assembly from another company and they don't want to pay for the upgraded steel lock. The guy at the door company sent me a steel lock. This is a ridiculous problem and will probably have serious consequences someday. I sent a complaint to DOT, but never heard back. Maybe if more folks submitted complaints something might be resolved.
We DID replace with the STEEL version. Thought we were "safe"... Then, when camping last week, a plastic piece broke and luckily there was one of us in the coach and one of us outside so we could force the door open. But, since we were afraid the lock would trap us both outside, we used the dead bolt and drove home...

Put the old zinc version back in and ordered another STEEL version. TRIMARK said the one that broke was the "best" they had...

So this time I will put the old lock in storage as a backup to save having to drive home....
Old 07-15-2019, 07:28 PM   #54

Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Bummer, I keep a spare as well, but haven't had a problem YET!

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 07:31 PM   #55
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
...Put the old zinc version back in and ordered another STEEL version. TRIMARK said the one that broke was the "best" they had...
How much were the parts?
Old 07-15-2019, 10:15 PM   #56

THOR #6701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
If you call Tri-Mark, and it is still under warranty: do they expect you to ship back the busted pieces?
If not: mine just might break sometime this week, and I'll give them a call...
They sent me the steel version and did not ask for the “unbroken “ zinc version back. I sent a polite email explaining I was concerned due to all the reports, included a picture of my locks model number. They responded a new one was on the way. The new one took a few minutes to install and they did not ask for the zinc version back.
Old 07-15-2019, 10:20 PM   #57

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
How much were the parts?
From TRIMARK 138.00, from AMAZON 106.00...

Guess which one we bought
Old 07-15-2019, 10:30 PM   #58
I Think We're Lost!

THOR #8860
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
From TRIMARK 138.00, from AMAZON 106.00...

Guess which one we bought

Old 07-16-2019, 01:04 AM   #59

THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimSpy View Post
Aaaaand.....#MeToo. Just happened this evening. Wife is looking up replacements right now, and I am feeding her the very helpful, copious information I'm gleaning from this thread.

But I have what will probably turn out to be a really stupid question: I hear many of you saying you were completely locked in or locked out. One person said she had to climb through the drivers' side window.

These are coaches, right? Not fifth wheels Or Class Bs? Why did you not simply open the cockpit door?
Class A, VEGAS, here, so only one door....
Old 09-03-2019, 06:09 PM   #60

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Ohio
THOR #8373
2017 Vegas, door sticks

We have a 2017 Vegas and have the same door lock problem. I too have had to climb out the window since it stuck on my drive while I was loading it up. I was able to insert the key, lock and unlock, jiggle, pull, etc and get it open. This seems to be a big safety issue and I can't believe it is not a recall or even a warranty issue. Looking to replace ours asap, just want to make sure we get the better one!