Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 01-21-2020, 07:51 PM   #81
vkb

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Axis 24.1 KC's Big Box
State: Kansas
THOR #3510
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo_Mike View Post
I am showing the part was TRIMARK 060-1650 STEEL PLUNGER

I dealt with ABBY @ TRIMARK 800-431-8616...

She was great (even though I asked at least five times "Are you sure this is the steel one?") She also assured me that this one also has reinforced plastic components also
Thank YOU Mike !

Jeep Wrangler TJ
vkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2020, 04:56 PM   #82
vkb

THOR #3510
TriMark/Dexter lockset issue

Good morning ….I think !
We called Trimark 1-800-431-8616..spoke with Abby...
gave her the number on the steel plate (partially covered by the Dexter sticker)
….asked her if it was covered by warranty...she said we would have to deal with Thor regarding that...in other words NOT ! until someone dies !!!
so, $143.12 plus shipping … we have a new lockset on the way.
*I mentioned the Winnebago recall..alluding to the fact that this is a serious issue..and I am aware of the numerous failures..what a 'cool' chick she is ! I couldn't do that job...acting like it is just another day at the office !!
I am definitely filing a complaint with the Govt. and with Thor… something needs to be done before a person dies inside a locked RV !!

nuff said...other than that...WE STILL LOVE OUR AXIS !!

Looking forward to warm weather !!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE FORUM MEMBERS WHO PARTICIPATE IN THESE DISCUSSIONS....PRICELESS !!
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 01-28-2020, 07:08 PM   #83
vkb

THOR #3510
TriMark/Dexter lockset issue

Today I filed a complaint with NHTSA.GOV
I strongly encourage everyone who has had this issue to file a complaint.
Whether or not Trimark gave you something free.
Thor and Trimark are so very wrong on this issue....
People who manufacture motorhomes and their parts n pieces
should have, on staff, a crew of RV enthusiasts to do
quality control and design specs.
Jeep Wrangler TJ
Old 01-29-2020, 02:42 AM   #84

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Missouri
THOR #4687
Quote:
Originally Posted by vkb View Post
Good morning ….I think !
We called Trimark 1-800-431-8616..spoke with Abby...
gave her the number on the steel plate (partially covered by the Dexter sticker)
….asked her if it was covered by warranty...she said we would have to deal with Thor regarding that...in other words NOT ! until someone dies !!!
so, $143.12 plus shipping … we have a new lockset on the way.
*I mentioned the Winnebago recall..alluding to the fact that this is a serious issue..and I am aware of the numerous failures..what a 'cool' chick she is ! I couldn't do that job...acting like it is just another day at the office !!
I am definitely filing a complaint with the Govt. and with Thor… something needs to be done before a person dies inside a locked RV !!

nuff said...other than that...WE STILL LOVE OUR AXIS !!

Looking forward to warm weather !!

THANK YOU TO ALL OF THE FORUM MEMBERS WHO PARTICIPATE IN THESE DISCUSSIONS....PRICELESS !!
Isn't Abby GREAT!...I am glad you got things handled. We had to order both the lock along with the interior panel as when we removed the lock we found that the interior panel (with the lock knobs) was bent in a 45 degree angle (I guess from the factory)

Didn't want that to cause any more issues...
Old 03-25-2020, 11:39 PM   #85

Model: ACE 27.1
State: New Mexico
THOR #5342
My TriMark latch broke 3/12/20 when I was outside just before a planned trip. Fortunately due to this forum, I had an unlocked window so I could crawl inside. With a Phillips screwdriver and needle nose pliers, I was able to pull the broken pot metal latch back to open the door without damaging anything. Amazon had a TriMark 60-1650 Door Handle for $109.95 including shipping but not NM tax. It was the steel version. It worked perfectly after removing 2 extra tabs on the deadbolt actuator. Phoeg previously reported them 9/13/19 in this thread. I just cut them off rather than ordering a different version.
Old 05-19-2020, 12:00 PM   #86

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #18877
Trimark

I had one lock me out at the worst possible time while 1500 miles from home. Then last fall the replacement one broke, but I wasn't locked out, as I had been leaving a window unlocked. I had a friend tell me about a repair kit that he saw on Ebay, so I got 2 of them and repaired the two broken ones laying on my shelf. I had seen a Youtube video of someone cutting their handle and making a steel plunger, but that's not an easy DIY thing. These were a quick and easy installation. The box of the replacement one is a T507, but the dealer told me that it's the same as a 060-1650. At least now, I have 2 spares.
Old 05-19-2020, 10:06 PM   #87

Model: Windsport 29m
State: Idaho
THOR #5564
Leave a window unlocked

Yep, I just leave a window unlocked and have spare lock.

2017 Windsport 29m
2017 Chev Colorado Crew Cab Diesel 4X4 Toad
pengoquin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 10:58 PM   #88

Model: 2023 Jayco Precept 31UL
State: Florida
THOR #1589
Russ, call Trimark. They sent me a replacement lock assembly gratis. All there new latches have the steel plunger.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:50 PM   #89

Brand: Still Looking
THOR #18877
The kits that I got to replace just the plunger are great. I hated throwing away perfectly good handles except for that part. The kits are quicker to install than replacing the handle in my RV. I actually got an extra kit just in case we're parked somewhere and someone else has the same problem. We even lock all of the doors and windows now.
Old 07-18-2020, 04:05 PM   #90

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMHDR View Post
The kits that I got to replace just the plunger are great. I hated throwing away perfectly good handles except for that part. The kits are quicker to install than replacing the handle in my RV. I actually got an extra kit just in case we're parked somewhere and someone else has the same problem. We even lock all of the doors and windows now.
I too installed the eBay $45 replacement plunger kit and it worked great. I had previously called Trimark to replace mine before it broke and they very nicely told me I had to buy a new one - no thank you.

Anyway, a tip to anyone buying the stainless plunger kit... If your pot metal plunger has broken so that it is already loose and free of the rest of the mechanism, the new plunger installation is a snap. If, like me, the old plunger is still intact and you're replacing it as a preventative measure, you will have to cut the old plunger in half so it can be removed. I used a dremel tool with a cutting blade to saw the plunger in two.

Works great - no pot metal and no plastic!
Old 07-18-2020, 05:57 PM   #91

Model: ACE 27.1
State: New Mexico
THOR #5342
There was also a broken white plastic part in my latch so you might want to check that before you just get a new steel plunger.
Old 07-18-2020, 07:34 PM   #92

Model: Windsport 27K
THOR #2154
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamABQ View Post
There was also a broken white plastic part in my latch so you might want to check that before you just get a new steel plunger.
HI Sam, That's the nice thing about the replacement kit; the plastic piece is eliminated and now it's all steel.