Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2017, 07:55 PM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Tuscany 38sq
State: California
THOR #4598
Air Compressor Implementation on my DP

I have a 2016 Thor Tuscany XTE 34st DP and was on an outing recently when one of my camping colleagues needed an air compressor. He asked me if my coach was plumbed for an Air Compressor capability. I told him that if it was I was unaware of it. My question for this forum is does my coach have such a system that I am unaware of, not likely, but if not could I easily implement such a system using existing air system resources on my coach? Thank you in advance.

Sundance (Dave)

Old 05-27-2017, 03:39 PM   #2

State: Virginia
THOR #5445
I have a 2015 Tuscany XTE36. It is pre rigged for an air hose hook up just above and left of generator. It enables me to use an air fitting to connect to the air system in the coach. I use it to keep the tires correctly inflated and or use it for anything that requires inflation. Not sure if your model has one but mine works well.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:04 PM   #3

THOR #4598
Air Compressor Implementation on my DP

Thank you Irontail, your feedback is consistent with some of the vague feedback I have had. I do not keep my coach at home, I will have to check for this the next time I am at the coach. Again, I appreciate the feedback and anticipate that my coach is the same as yours or highly similar.
Old 05-27-2017, 05:17 PM   #4

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Renegade Valencia 38RB
THOR #3156
What vague feedback did you get???
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sport
FMCA # F464385
halfprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2017, 06:44 PM   #5

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
All DPs have an air fitting in the front in case the coach needs to be towed, the fitting is tied to air brake system which has big storage tanks. The wrecker hooks an air hose from the truck to power and release the air brakes. On our Tuscany the air fitting was in roughly the same place as yours, under the hood usually on passenger side, some have a ball valve with the quick connection attached to it. I carried a 50 ft air hose with a quick connect that allowed me to reach all the tires with no problems.

Funny story. My brother was going to buy me a compressor for Christmas, said thanks but no thanks, didn't need one. He asked if I already had one and what size? I told him I had a 360 hp compressor, first I got a dumb look, then he wanted to know where I got one that big, where I kept it, and why!!! Waited awhile before I told him!
Old 05-28-2017, 01:23 AM   #6

THOR #4598
Thanks for the additional detail SuperD. I'll try to file it away in the gray matter, not hair, but I offer no assurances. Don't be snide Jerry or I'll have Maria put you in your place
Old 05-28-2017, 02:44 AM   #7

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Thanks for the additional detail SuperD. I'll try to file it away in the gray matter, not hair, but I offer no assurances. Don't be snide Jerry or I'll have Maria put you in your place
You are very welcome, hope it helped!