Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 02-16-2019, 11:37 PM   #21

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: majestic 19g
State: California
THOR #11400
roof leak from ac

after some recent storms (heavy rain and wind) i found a couple of leaks, one emerging through the ac unit, in our 2014 four winds 19g (100k miles). the ac unit is a dometic. the vehicle is parked for the winter and the ac unit hasn't been in use, so not a condensation problem.

after reading through this thread it sounds like i should pull the inside housing and check if the bolts are tight from the inside. am i understanding it correctly and is this correct for my unit?

i'd appreciate any guidance. thanks

Old 02-17-2019, 03:08 AM   #22

Model: 2017 Windsport 29M
State: Indiana
THOR #5196
Bing, that’s correct. Also pull the roof cover off and check for leaves. If leaves have blown in from the storm they may have blocked the drains, this will cause rainwater to back up and get in around the roof gasket, very common to have happen.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:57 AM   #23

Model: majestic 19g
State: California
THOR #11400
thanks superD... i'll check that out as well although not many leaves or debris blowing around where we have it stored to plug things up.

i did tighten the bolts and will keep an eye out to see if it did the trick.
Old 02-17-2019, 07:29 PM   #24

Model: Thor Hurricane 29M
State: Florida
THOR #9033
The problem with mine was hte gasket between the roof and the AC unit was compressed to much (bolts too tight) and when they replaced that gasket, all was solved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bing View Post
after some recent storms (heavy rain and wind) i found a couple of leaks, one emerging through the ac unit, in our 2014 four winds 19g (100k miles). the ac unit is a dometic. the vehicle is parked for the winter and the ac unit hasn't been in use, so not a condensation problem.

after reading through this thread it sounds like i should pull the inside housing and check if the bolts are tight from the inside. am i understanding it correctly and is this correct for my unit?

i'd appreciate any guidance. thanks

Tags
air conditioner, inside coach, leaks