Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 08-06-2019, 01:39 AM   #1

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
State: New York
THOR #1484
Question american guardian warranty on jensen jrv212t

Hi I have 2104 Thor ace 30.1 with a bricked Jensen jrv212t radio camera, I have a warranty through American guardian when my dealer applied for the radio to be replaced the warranty company offered a replacement value of $399.99 . The warranty company has recommended to the dealer that I use a dmh-25150bt pioneer which the dealer says is 399.99 plus 200.00 for the camera switch, so I have tried to get the warranty company to authorize a Jensen 9000r which would cost around $730 with the adapter cable through the dealer. the warranty company will not go for it they said they only will offer the lowest mfg price that the Jensen jrv212t would have ever sold for .
Has anyone ever seen this radio that low ?,my dealer said it would be 900 if they could get one . I do not care to go for a device that feels like a step down , no dvd player no sirus ready , no camera switching so I am going with the Jensen 9000r and paying the extra what do you all think?

Old 08-06-2019, 04:18 AM   #2
gmc

Model: Hurricane 32A
State: Florida
THOR #2829
Quote:
Originally Posted by laker View Post
Hi I have 2104 Thor ace 30.1 with a bricked Jensen jrv212t radio camera, I have a warranty through American guardian when my dealer applied for the radio to be replaced the warranty company offered a replacement value of $399.99 . The warranty company has recommended to the dealer that I use a dmh-25150bt pioneer which the dealer says is 399.99 plus 200.00 for the camera switch, so I have tried to get the warranty company to authorize a Jensen 9000r which would cost around $730 with the adapter cable through the dealer. the warranty company will not go for it they said they only will offer the lowest mfg price that the Jensen jrv212t would have ever sold for .
Has anyone ever seen this radio that low ?,my dealer said it would be 900 if they could get one . I do not care to go for a device that feels like a step down , no dvd player no sirus ready , no camera switching so I am going with the Jensen 9000r and paying the extra what do you all think?
Cornerstone replaced by Jensen JRV212t with same unit for $700 a few tears ago... New one now having intermittent issues, so I’ll be seeing what Good Sams will do.

I’d expect them to provide the $$ for similar functionality including things like camera switch that is separate on most new units. I would continue to push them.
If you want something with more functionality, I’d expect to have to pay the difference.

‘Sirius ready’ on the JRV212t is really nothing... you have the privilege of buying a Sirius receiver and plugging it in... the receiver is not on board.
2014 Hurricane 32A
2000 Infinity (previous)
gmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2019, 05:30 PM   #3

Model: 2013 ACE 30.1
State: Alberta
THOR #2631
Hi, well my first reaction to your post is why would you want another Jensen.......a bottom feeder in RV electronics IMO. Having said that, my 2013 ACE still has a completely working Jensen 212T.......not sure why it has not crapped out like so many others.....yet. It just keeps working (invoking Murphy’s Law now). I suspect ambient heat might be a reason for screen failures, but that’s a WAG.

I was just wondering; you said your Jensen camera input is bricked......so is the radio/screen working for all else except the camera function? Do any cameras work? Just wondered if there was some other reason for the failure other than the radio itself?
Old 08-07-2019, 09:30 PM   #4

State: New York
THOR #1484
jensen 212t to 9000r

hi thanks for your thoughts I am seeing ok reviews on amazon for the 9000r hoping for the best we are going with the 9000r I will try to update as I am able . the Jensen I had the jvr 212t was completely dead as if it was unplugged! this has happened before but would correct itself before I could get the dealer to look at it any other thoughts ?

Tags
america guardian, jensen jrv212t