Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 03-12-2021, 03:26 PM   #61

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Thor Tuscany 36 MQ
State: Indiana
THOR #6280
Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorbob1 View Post
Yes, but...
$80 each at Command vs $80 for a 2pk “knock-off” on Amazon??

I’ll spend my $80 saved on eighty $1 items at Dollar Tree
Cautionary on buying junk off Amazon. If they don’t provide all the info you need to make an educated decision don’t buy. If you can’t see where it’s made, it’s made in China. There is a plethora of knock off cheap shoddy junk being sold on Amazon and they don’t care. As long as Amazon gets a profit off the vendor they are perfectly ok with looking the other way. READ ALL the vendors policies regarding returns and refunds. Some won’t take anything back even if they ship the wrong item.

Old 03-12-2021, 04:18 PM   #62

Model: Vegas 25.5
State: Arkansas
THOR #20441
I would generally agree with quality control issues regarding knock-off brand, Amazon exclusive item(s). I rolled the dice on PartSam item and will say it far superior in quality anf design over thr Command Electronics product used on my 2019 Vegas. A good company would offer full warranty exchange on a faulty design product that had caused many and many RV owners money, time and grief. I can't think of a worse issue with a RV - water damage. We have had to replace a dual diode led marker light that began failing which also came on our Vegas carrying the brand Command Electronics.

Here is my deal. Any time I can do work on my Thor product, I know that it is being done right and done to last. I have more faith in my cutting and splicing wires than another Command Electronics product with a wire harness. My wire splicing will not fail.

My Thor Vegas was assembled in the USA. Some of the worst quality anf quality control I have ever experienced. I love it and understand we purchased a lower end motorhome but some of the quality control stuff is simply installers, Thor employees and fabricators don't care.

On a side note I have had ZERO issues ever returning a product to Amazon. Some of the most lenient return policies ever. Anf if you are worried about a warranty, contact Command Electronics and tell them you want your $/*!y OEM incandescent lights replaced with non-leaking LEDs and see how that goes.
Old 03-12-2021, 04:29 PM   #63

Model: ACE 30.1
State: West Virginia
THOR #21234
Thumbs up

The Partsam units are made far better than the stock ones for sure, with the unit completely sealed including where the wiring goes in.
AxialFlux is offline   Reply With Quote