Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in

Old 10-21-2020, 06:24 PM   #41

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
Originally Posted by yukongrant View Post
Not sure if this will help. But what I did:
I removed the white plastic cap piece. Took it to the hardware store. Tried it on female connectors until I found one that worked. Then tried other connectors until I found that worked. Brought that piece home. Put it on a hose. And I was good to go.

Ditto: Thats the best way

Old 10-21-2020, 06:26 PM   #42

Brand: Cruiser
Model: Georgetown 30x3
State: Idaho
THOR #17441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmers View Post
I believe the thread on the pump attachment is 1/2 Pipe tap.
Mine is. So the 3/4 hose fitting I have my compresser attachment on doesn’t fit.

I was hoping this time to use the compressor through the pump suction and avoid any antifreeze. But it didn’t fit so I used a gallon to fill the pumps, pipes, and clear toilet line, and had a little left to dump in traps although I usually don’t bother with that.
Old 10-22-2020, 12:15 AM   #43

State: Minnesota
THOR #10221
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
amazon sells the hole kit. $15.00
Camco Permanent Pump Converter Winterizing Kit- Allows You to Use Boat/RV Water Pump to Fill Pipes With Antifreeze - Lead Free, CSA Low Lead Content Certified (36543) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0006JJ588..._E7mKFbYG0A1BB
Old 10-22-2020, 03:31 PM   #44

State: New York
THOR #14320
Measure the inlet, pick up the fitting and a plastic hose about 3 feet long at home depot and it will cost you 5 bucks. Will save you tons of time and make winterizing a breeze.
Old 10-22-2020, 04:03 PM   #45
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
State: Florida
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodIndy View Post
So, just as Ted suggested, I splurged and ordered in 1/2” and 3/4” adapters and of course it was the 1/2”. Fitting and 10’ of 1/2” clear tubing is $7.50. I already had the clamp.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianJS19 View Post
Measure the inlet, pick up the fitting and a plastic hose about 3 feet long at home depot and it will cost you 5 bucks. Will save you tons of time and make winterizing a breeze.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2020, 06:26 PM   #46

Model: Vegas 25.2
State: Michigan
THOR #13943
Does anyone know if the Vegas 25.6 has a similar port. If so , where can I locate it on my unit.
Old 10-27-2020, 03:56 PM   #47

Model: Thor Ace 33.1
State: Illinois
THOR #20274
It's usually right by the water pump. The pump might be behind a cover or behind a drawer in the kitchen or bedroom
Old 11-29-2020, 09:46 PM   #48

Model: Axis 25.4
State: Tennessee
THOR #12170
This is what I love about this forum. Read through, bought parts, winterized! Job done! Thanks to all!!
Old 11-29-2020, 11:54 PM   #49

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Antifreeze inlet!

And we appreciate your feedback - nice to know our collective advice...it think it is called crowd sourcing these days...resulted in a happy outcome. I wish everyone who asked for advice gave us the end result - it would make us a better community.
Old 11-30-2020, 08:04 PM   #50
Mag

Brand: Still Looking
Model: 5
State: Ontario
THOR #16132
Pink stuff

I’ve always used air to blow out the system and only add pink stuff to the drains. Been doing it that way for 15ish years. Works great and no need to taste the pink stuff in the water in the spring. To each his own tho.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:10 AM   #51

Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Alabama
THOR #18612
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mag View Post
I’ve always used air to blow out the system and only add pink stuff to the drains. Been doing it that way for 15ish years. Works great and no need to taste the pink stuff in the water in the spring. To each his own tho.

I did my first winterizing last week and I chose that approach as well. We are considering going to warmer climates for a few weeks in January so it seems like an easy way if I have to do it multiple times.
Old 12-01-2020, 02:20 PM   #52

State: Missouri
THOR #6903
Any of you that have the wet bay mounted filter and water pump that don't already have a dedicated anti freeze hose might try what i do. The plumbing is configured so the water is drawn from the tank then through the filter so it is easy to disconnect the suction hose from the tank which is long enough to then drop into an antifreeze jug.

Since it takes 4-5 gallons I put the jug into a 2 gallon bucket and cut a hole in the bottom of the jug. then I add anti freeze to the top of the 2 gallons and start opening the furthest faucet/washer from the pump on the hot side and work by way back. Watch the pail and add to avoid sucking air

Makes a difficult job very easy

Residual anti freeze bittering agent taste is easily removed using 3% hydrogen peroxide

I use anti freeze only due to the AquaHot