Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Thor Forums > Thor Tech Forums > Maintenance and Repair
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2020, 03:35 PM   #21

Brand: Keystone
Model: Sprinter
State: Florida
THOR #15553
Quote:
Originally Posted by RodIndy View Post
Thanks cavie. The kit is really overkill. My 24.1 has a pigtail stick straight up and all it needs is a hose and a screw in fitting..
don't understand. If you have the small stick up then all you need is a 2' hose and nothing else. You must already have the on/off valve? picture, please.

Old 10-14-2020, 03:44 PM   #22

Brand: Thor Motor Coach
Model: Vegas 24.1
State: Indiana
THOR #20004
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavie View Post
don't understand. If you have the small stick up then all you need is a 2' hose and nothing else. You must already have the on/off valve? picture, please.
Yes, I already have a valve at the pump. It will divert the draw to a vertical pigtail that is currently capped. I just need a fitting, clamp, and hose.. I’m doing all this arm flapping because I do not want to go onto the store. I want to order it on line. Anyway, I went ahead and order 1/2” and 3/4” in adapters. One of them will get it.. I could have used the cam o kit by screwing the brass valve into the pigtail and capping the other side..thanks again cavie
Old 10-14-2020, 04:21 PM   #23

Model: 2015 Vegas 24.1
State: Pennsylvania
THOR #2601
I'd go with the Occam's Razor solution -- simplest answer to a question. Take the cap off that piece of pipe sticking up. Hook a hose to it and put other end of hose in antifreeze bottle. Run the pump and the pump will suck the antifreeze out of the bottle and the pump will push it through the lines.

But actually, I use the even simpler way. I connect my air compressor to the outside water connection and blow 45lbs of compressed air through all the faucets, toilet, outside shower and lines. Only use antifreeze in the traps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Single Point drains.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	26675  
2015 Vegas 24.1 (E-350)
bevedfelker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #24
Site Team

Model: ACE 27.1
THOR #7035
Quote:
Originally Posted by bevedfelker View Post
I'd go with the Occam's Razor solution -- simplest answer to a question. Take the cap off that piece of pipe sticking up. Hook a hose to it and put other end of hose in antifreeze bottle. Run the pump and the pump will suck the antifreeze out of the bottle and the pump will push it through the lines.

But actually, I use the even simpler way. I connect my air compressor to the outside water connection and blow 45lbs of compressed air through all the faucets, toilet, outside shower and lines. Only use antifreeze in the traps.
That's what he is trying to do but there is a threaded fitting at the end of the standpipe that he needs a fitting for. You can't just throw a hose on it.
2020 Chevy Colorado Z71 Trail Runner Toad
2024 Chevrolet Trax 2RS - Soon 2B TOAD
16ACE27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 07:11 PM   #25

Model: Compass 23TR
State: Yukon
THOR #13409
Not sure if this will help. But what I did:
I removed the white plastic cap piece. Took it to the hardware store. Tried it on female connectors until I found one that worked. Then tried other connectors until I found that worked. Brought that piece home. Put it on a hose. And I was good to go.
Old 10-14-2020, 07:59 PM   #26

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
I agree with Yukon Grant and did buy enough clear hose, clamps and the right sized fittings to pump the antifreeze from a jug sitting on the ground outside of the dumb place they put the pump in, on my 2018 Compass 23 TB (located behind a screwed on door in the large drivers side compartment)
Coveman2
Old 10-14-2020, 08:04 PM   #27

THOR #15553
Quote:
Yes, I already have a valve at the pump. It will divert the draw to a vertical pigtail that is currently capped. I just need a fitting, clamp, and hose.. I’m doing all this arm flapping because I do not want to go onto the store. I want to order it on line. Anyway, I went ahead and order 1/2” and 3/4” in adapters. One of them will get it.. I could have used the cam o kit by screwing the brass valve into the pigtail and capping the other side..thanks again cavie
I don't understand the fitting part. The small 1/4" two ft clear hose slips over the stub. The other end goes in the jug. if you already have the t and the valve that's all you need.

you could have order the kit from amazon and been done with it by now
Old 10-14-2020, 08:16 PM   #28

Model: XG 32 Omni
State: Missouri
THOR #4243
Quote:
I don't understand the fitting part. The small 1/4" two ft clear hose slips over the stub. The other end goes in the jug. if you already have the t and the valve that's all you need.

Or go to an RV store and buy the hose with the fitting.
Old 10-14-2020, 08:48 PM   #29

Model: Compass 23 TB
State: Ontario
THOR #13224
In my unit the tube running from the pump has a cap on it, but the hose is only a foot long so could not possibly get the jug close enough to the hose so bought an extra 4 feet of hose, a male fitting and a couple of clamps ( there was no clamp on the original hose).
Coveman2
Old 10-14-2020, 09:02 PM   #30

THOR #20004
Quote:

Look at the picture in post 23. That’s my setup. When you unscrew the white cap, you need to screw in a threaded adapter with a hose attached to it.. That’s the best explanation I can give you.
Old 10-15-2020, 07:25 PM   #31

THOR #20004
So, just as Ted suggested, I splurged and ordered in 1/2” and 3/4” adapters and of course it was the 1/2”. Fitting and 10’ of 1/2” clear tubing is $7.50. I already had the clamp.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F1D8ED82-FD6A-4664-84D4-5780D5D755DE.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	109.7 KB
ID:	26714   Click image for larger version

Name:	C02524CC-BC8E-4F36-82DC-C5D1A49D3401.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	26715  

Old 10-15-2020, 07:42 PM   #32
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
While I applaud all of the good folks in here who can do all of this on their own...

...For the $100 that they charge me for winter storage (6 Months...), and the $139 they charge for Winterization: I'll let my Dealer's Technicians remain gainfully employed.
Bob Denman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:59 PM   #33

Model: Fourwinds 24F
State: North Carolina
THOR #9511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
While I applaud all of the good folks in here who can do all of this on their own...

...For the $100 that they charge me for winter storage (6 Months...), and the $139 they charge for Winterization: I'll let my Dealer's Technicians remain gainfully employed.

You are money ahead if you get this for $40 a month on average. Something to be said about supporting the local economy and reducing your aggravation level. Two thumbs up!
Old 10-15-2020, 11:14 PM   #34

Model: 35SF
State: Michigan
THOR #18186
Make sure to turn the water heater valves to bypass it or you will fill it with antifreeze.
Old 10-15-2020, 11:26 PM   #35

THOR #20004
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbo12 View Post
You are money ahead if you get this for $40 a month on average. Something to be said about supporting the local economy and reducing your aggravation level. Two thumbs up!
One mans aggravation and angst, is another’s joy and sense of accomplishment. To each his own..
Old 10-15-2020, 11:35 PM   #36
I Think We're Lost!

Brand: Still Looking
Model: Tiffin Wayfarer 24 BW
State: New York
THOR #8860
As I said: you guys ROCK!
Old 10-15-2020, 11:43 PM   #37

THOR #15553
Quote:
Look at the picture in post 23. That’s my setup. When you unscrew the white cap, you need to screw in a threaded adapter with a hose attached to it.. That’s the best explanation I can give you.
don't know what that is for but it is not for antifreeze. The antifreeze enters the system at the pump. A valve determines pick up from the FW tank or from the Antifreeze jug. small 1/4" hose about 2' long.
Old 10-16-2020, 12:48 PM   #38

THOR #20004
Quote:
don't know what that is for but it is not for antifreeze. The antifreeze enters the system at the pump. A valve determines pick up from the FW tank or from the Antifreeze jug. small 1/4" hose about 2' long.
Cavie, I opened this thread as a lazy mans way to find out what size the antifreeze inlet hose fitting was. I found my answer. I also appreciate your attempt to help. Rest assured, this pigtail hose is in fact for the winterizing “pink”. There is a valve down at the pump that will divert suction to this hose..really..
I guess you don’t have a 24.1 or similar unit..
Old 10-16-2020, 02:27 PM   #39

THOR #15553
Quote:
Cavie, I opened this thread as a lazy mans way to find out what size the antifreeze inlet hose fitting was. I found my answer. I also appreciate your attempt to help. Rest assured, this pigtail hose is in fact for the winterizing “pink”. There is a valve down at the pump that will divert suction to this hose..really..
I guess you don’t have a 24.1 or similar unit..
No I do not.
Old 10-21-2020, 06:22 PM   #40

Model: Vegas 24.1 - Sold it!
State: Tennessee
THOR #6513
Quote:
amazon sells the hole kit. $15.00
I think that is a bypass kit. All you need is a male fitting with a barb and 2 feet of hose